Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Show me your...

...groom/groomsmen attire - will they be different?

I'm sorry for all my posts - I am in major get 'er done wedding planning mode this week!

I also want to get our ties picked out before the 40% sale at Jos A Bank ends tomorrow!

Re: Show me your...

• Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out thetiebar.com for ties.  We ordered our groomsmens ties from there - they have a TON of colors and patterns and they are really great quality, and you cant beat the price.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH wore a black bow tie and black cummer bund (no idea how that is spelled or what the word even is) and his GM wore black bow tie with vests. They looked sharp. We also added some blue delphinium in with DH white calla, to give him a little extra stand apart.

• edited December 2011
    DH wore a black vest with a white tie.  His groomsmen wore silver vests with black ties. I hated the style of vests they picked out but admitted defeat and they didn't bother me that much the day of.

http://images5b.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63274%3Enu%3D3278%3E%3A%3C6%3E43%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3392%3C6794632%3Bnu0mrj

• edited December 2011
    FI is wearing a black suit with black bowtie and cummerbund.  At this point, we're planning on having the GM wear the same.  FI will be differentiated with a fancier bout.  Plus his flaming red hair is a giveaway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DH wore a champagne/gold vest and tie (to match my champagne dress) and groomsmen wore silver vests/ties in the same style.  Dads worse same style tuxes with black vest and tie.
  • edited December 2011
    Cara - LOL!
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha

We havent gotten the tuxes yet- but we;re planning on FI wearing a champagne colored vest. Groomsmen will be wearing dark purple vests (called lapis) and Best Man will match my MOH with a lighter colored vest
    (thats the plan for now...but we may change it)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I forgot to tell you what they are wearing!  FI is actually having a suit made, it will be black and he is wearing a champagne/ivory paisley tie with it.  The GM are going to rent black tuxes with black vests and we ordered them brown and black paisley ties.  We havent gone to pick the GM attire yet, so I am hoping it looks ok in person as it does in my head!
  • edited December 2011
    I love paisley!
  • edited December 2011
    All of them had champagne vests, Ben had champagne tie, Groomsmen had black ties.   As seen below (dont know why the photo is showing up so small, click it and it makes it bigger):

• edited December 2011
    Cara - you're marrying a ginger too? ;)  (Pics in bio of my overgrown leprechaun slash husband.)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Heather, that's awesome.  Yes, he's a ginger.  When we booked our honeymoon to Aruba, quite a few people stepped forward to voice their concerns that he would burst into flames that close to the equator.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have pics but they will all be in charcoal gray tuxes. The groomsmen will have a lighter gray vest/tie and fi will have an ivory vest/tie.
  • edited December 2011
    Cara, see also: pics in bio of my very red husband on our honeymoon in WDW and the Caribbean on our cruise.  This was wearing SPF 50 every day and reapplying multiple times.

Gotta love 'em!
  • edited December 2011
    poor guy! hehe  I love the bride/groom hats with the mouse ears, too cute!

• edited December 2011
    ashmy, where are you renting charcoal tuxes from?
  • edited December 2011
    we're renting charcoal tuxes, too! we're renting them from the country bride and gent.

fi will have a lighter gray vest, the groomsmen will have navy vests and ties, and the dads are going to be in a darker gray vest. it sounds strange, but they look really great next to the navy bridesmaid dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards