Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Question- Food on Wedding Day

So our wedding is at 4 pm.  My aunt is going to be doing hair for about 7-8 girls it seems like and she's leaving about an hour per head so she's starting in the early morning.  I am planning on having food for everyone while we hang out, do hair, get ready.  This is what I am planning:

Bagels from Whole Foods with cream cheese
My mom's awesome bran muffins (she really wants to make them)
Fruit Salad with fruit dip

I feel there like should be 1 or 2 more things, but am not sure what else to serve.  Nothing too heavy though, thanks :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question- Food on Wedding Day

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go overboard.   I think that's plenty of food for getting hair done, etc.  If there's going to be a ton of time between hair appointments and the ceremony, you can think about maybe having sandwiches for lunch or something? 

I'm doing something similar.  My mom doesn't make awesome bran muffins though, lol.  But I'm also going to make sure that I have a stash of granola bars or something so that just in case we're STARVING after the wedding, during pictures, we can snack on that until we get to the reception.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also get some light wrap/sandwich type things for anyone who is hungry around lunch time.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If the wedding isn't until 4 and people will be there basically at breakfast & lunch I might add one of those 4 foot hoagies from Wawa. I know you personally do not want to eat heavy but you are asking others to be there for breakfast and lunch so I would at least offer a sandwhich. Make it like a brunch with the breakfast foods you suggested but also some lunch type stuff. If not a hoagie maybe some chicken salad? I think Whole Foods or maybe Panarea could do smaller bite sized sandwhiches that aren't as heavy.

When is the next time they will be able to eat? I would take that into consideration.

I know I would not be good with just a bagel until after 4pm. Especially since carbs do not fill you up and so far you are oly offering carbs. Don't want anyone passing out during the ceremony :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay thanks for the suggestions ladies.  Yeah thinking about it more, I think sandwiches is a good idea :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think we'll be getting a tray of pretzel bites from Pretzel factory (yuuummmm) and probably some sandwiches for everyone. I know I'll be starving... :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was at 3, we had fruit at the hair salon and Panera sandwiches, salad, and cookies.  I didn't get to eat any dinner at the reception and someone put the left over sandwiches in our hotel room that night.  I was so hungry and so excited to find them in there.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the other ladies. Little finger sandwiches, maybe veggies, cheese & crackers - they might be good to hold them over all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about having chicken salad with croissants or some finger sandwiches already made up?  You could also just have a big bag of trail mix from Costco for people to munch on. You never know how hungry people will be, so better to be prepared!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful with bran muffins since they can make you bloated and cause "intestinial disruptions".  I agree that adding protein would be a good idea.  Wraps are perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards