Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Top of the Tower

Hi everyone! 

Has anyone had or is currently planning a wedding at Top of the Tower?  It is my number one choice by far and I'm wondering how willing they are to negotiate on price and customize their packages?

Also, has anyone run into any problems there?

Thanks!!

Re: Top of the Tower

• angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there a few years ago and was less than impressed. I didn't care for the food. But the thing that I hated was being shuffled from room to room like a herd of cattle. The cocktail hour is in the lobby. Then the intros, the toasts and dinner are in another room (you don't do your first dance right away). And then we went to a third room for desert and dancing. And although they aren't using the dinner room for anything they close it off, so the only place to escape from the loud music is in the lobby.

And if you are a smoker you should just shoot yourself. he process of getting on the elevator and getting out of the building for a nicotine fit is a small hike.
  • 1723DTS1723DTS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm practically queen lurker over here and I hope this doesn't qualify as vendor bashing but I had such an awful experience at this place when looking at venues that I feel compelled to respond. The view is spectacular. That's the nicest thing I can say. In my experience, there was no negotiating and their attitude was a cold one of "take it or leave it".  Hopefully, the woman I met with has realized she is destined for a different career because she was clearly very unhappy to have to deal with brides. She actually rolled her eyes at one point when my mom asked about the bar setup. Ok, that's my piece.
  • edited December 2011
    When I visited Top of the Tower, we also had a bad experience. I agree with PP that the room switching is less than ideal and I heard a lot of complaints about it at my friends wedding which was held there. With dinner and dancing being in 2 different rooms, your older guests who won't dance much will be completely separated from the main party when they are in the dining area sitting down. There is no space in the dance room for seats and barely standing room if your wedding is large. It wasn't my favorite, but it's all a matter of your priorities. If the view is #1 then this may your dream venue, if any other aspect of the wedding is #1 then you may want to keep looking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I actually looked into Top Of The Tower...it was very nice...great view...horrible set up. They actually make people leave the reception to go into another room,down the hall, to go dance and they are not allowed back into the reception room.It's just a very weird set up .
  • Linz2041Linz2041 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your comments!  I went for a visit this weekend you were all spot on.  It seems like a very complicated set up.  The girl who showed us around was lovely and admitted straight out that it wasn't a place for everyone.  But, there was another woman setting up for a wedding that was barking orders at waiters, giving us dirty looks, and talking loudly to people over the employee giving us a tour - completely turned me off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards