Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

HELP!!! Offshoots! Floral Rental Fees

Hi everyone,
  Two questions- has anyone in center city been subjected to rental fees from their florist (just for flowers and decorations- not tables, linens, chairs, fancy decorations etc.).  And two- has anyone used offshoots! florals?

I ask because I just got my price quote from them-  YIKES!!!!!  For a $4k budget, $800 for setup, break down, design (which I can accept) but then a whopping $1300 in "rental fees"!!!!  Is it just me or is that insane?  My wedding is already very modest and we're going as basic as possible with decorations- this just seems crazy.  I'm considering walking away, although I'm using Feastivities events and I like the fact they work together....

Any advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Re: HELP!!! Offshoots! Floral Rental Fees

• Options
    Seems like alot although I'm obviously not an expert :-)  I'm looking at my flower contract and I have about the same budget as you but am paying $450 for delivery/setup/breakdown and only a few hundred for rentals. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Thanks- it really helps to know what other people paid as opposed to mine- the more I look the more I realize that offshoots is a total rip off.  Who's your florist if you don't mind me asking- I think I'm in the market for a new one!
  • Options
    That sounds really high to me too. I'm using Whimsical Welcomes and Leslie charges about $75.00 for delivery to my location in Chester County and about $50.00 for set-up. NO rental fees.  She's really a terrific florist with such creative ideas. I bet she could do amazing things with your budget. but she'll work with any budget6.   I'd check out her blog and website.  www.whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm using Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes too.  No labor fee, low delivery and set-up costs, and I think her pricing is more than fair.  Her prices are a lot less than other florists I met with. and her ideas a lot more uinique. She loves creating arrangements using interesting containers and other things so that there's not a ton of high-priced flowers. Other florists never showed me a fraction of the things she has. And she's extremely responsive and always, always helpful.  I'm so glad that I'm working with her. Her website is whimsicalwelcomes.com 
  • Options
    OffShoots is overpriced.  Try Carl Alan or Petals Lane.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm using Marcus Hook florist.
    I'm not doing floral centerpieces. but for my bridal bouquets, 7 BM bouquets, 2 Mothers corsages, 2 flower girl smaller bouquets, a throw away, and 9 mens boutternieres I was quoted in the ballpark of $800 with no other fees included. I would shop around for sure!! Sounds like a lot in rental feess!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards