Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

to those who are/have been sick!

What are your symptoms?

My throat is on fire! Cough drops and or tea are not helping. I feel like the only think that will make me feel better would be a nice big water ice!

I guess ice pops will do. blah.

Re: to those who are/have been sick!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My throat has not hurt, either time I was sick. sorry, that is the symptom I hate the most too. I feel for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is the worst! We are short staffed and I have to help answer phones. Not helping at all! I heard strep is going around. so.not.cool
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Take zinc! You are too close to your wedding to get sick!

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  DH just got over that!  He was not feeling well at all.  He took Dayquil, which helped some, and then doped up on Nyquil at night.  You need something to coat and soothe your throat.  Do you have a humidifier?  That will definitely help.  Also, tons and tons of tea with honey.  Hopefully you are up and at 'em in no time! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sickness was just in my sinuses/nose.  It sounds like you may have strep.  If it gets worse, go to your doc for one of the 3-day antibiotic packs... it will work wonders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanks girls.

FI has the whole sinus thing going on. He started a z-pac last night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I hope it is not that. My mom compared that to child birth. So I hope I never get that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It started yesterday for me - I have a scratchy sore throat and my face is congested - my glands are a little swollen too.  I've been focusing on taking a crap ton of vitamins every 12 hours and using a nasal spray.  I'm trying to stop it before it gets any further.  Overnight it got about 5x worse though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got strep almost every ear when I was a kid.  The last time I got it, I was in my Junior year of college and almost went to the ER because I was so swollen and in pain.  Since I was out of state I had trouble finding a doc who would see me.  Finally I found one who would take cash, and he gave me an antibiotic and I was feeling better quickly.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still sick/just starting to get over it.

I started with a scratchy throat which turned into a cough and sore throat.  On third day (yesterday) it moved up to my sinuses, and I have been sneezing a lot.  But I'm not coughing as much, and my throat doesn't hurt anymore.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Go to the dr.'s and see if they will start you on antibiotics now before it gets any worse! In the meantime, Tylenol has a liquid soar throat medicine that really works. I think its called Tylenol Cool Burst Soar Throat (its blue).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_those-arehave-sick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:54712a36-9ea8-4eaa-9251-05c389ac43f7Post:7707a2b6-2c04-43a9-a456-166616328a4f">Re: to those who are/have been sick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It started yesterday for me - I have a scratchy sore throat and my face is congested - my glands are a little swollen too.  I've been focusing on taking a crap ton of vitamins every 12 hours and using a nasal spray.  I'm trying to stop it before it gets any further.  Overnight it got about 5x worse though.
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]
    Boo! Feel better! If you're not up for tomorrow night, let me know and we can reschedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a stuffy nose, sore throat, swollen glands, and I feel light headed. I just started taking some tylenol cold and my throat's a little better but that's it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_those-arehave-sick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:54712a36-9ea8-4eaa-9251-05c389ac43f7Post:1c87b433-448a-43ed-aeef-467371f9099e">Re: to those who are/have been sick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go to the dr.'s and see if they will start you on antibiotics now before it gets any worse! In the meantime, Tylenol has a liquid soar throat medicine that really works. I think its called Tylenol Cool Burst Soar Throat (its blue).
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

I used to have this! Not sure if I still do. When I was at Target picking up FI RX the lady was saying all tylenol products have been recalled and pulled off the shelves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_those-arehave-sick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:54712a36-9ea8-4eaa-9251-05c389ac43f7Post:17d5fb94-907f-4249-9e43-050aed50f183">Re: to those who are/have been sick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: to those who are/have been sick! : I used to have this! Not sure if I still do. When I was at Target picking up FI RX the lady was saying all tylenol products have been recalled and pulled off the shelves!
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

I've used the generic walgreens/cvs brand and they seem to work just as good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you feel better, but to ensure that, I'd go see the Dr. ASAP! I like MH literally had strep every year growing up. I had it last a few weeks ago, and am now finally over the cold that went around too.

Drink lots of water, it'll help. Add OJ to that, tea and honey when you feel like you can. But any RX from the doctor will help best if it is strep, if it's just a cold, then at least you know and will just have to suffer through it the best you can.

Sending some get well soon vibes your way **~~~~****~~~~*****
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your sore throat is from post nasal drip, then I highly recommend getting a neti pot.  It looks like a genie lamp... you fill it up with warm salt water, then put it in one side of your nose, turn your head sideways and it comes out the other side.  It literally gets everything out.  It sounds kind of gross, and it's a bit weird... but it cuts colds and sinus infections in half.  I swear by mine when my allergies get really bad, and i haven't had a sinus infection since.

Also there's this new cough syrup/sore throat syrup out there called Zarbees.  It's kind of hard to find, but I'm pretty sure they sell it at Walgreens.  It's not medicinal... it's made from buckwheat honey, vitamin C, and zinc.  Obviously, don't get it if you're allergic to honey.. but it's supposed to be awesome.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty old-fashioned and seems like it won't work for a sore throat, but a good old-fashioned salt water gargle is actually very soothing.  I like Cold-eeze cough drops, which have zinc in them, and Airborne, which has a bout 1 bajillion percent daily vitamin C and some other good stuff to bost your immune system.  Lots of water, humidity (think long, hot baths if you don't have a humidifier), and rest will help the most, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards