Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

HELP/FAVORS/PHOTOBOOTH

Ladies,

I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER my budget, and really don't want to spend a lot of money on favors. I want to do a photo booth but the quotes i have received are in the $800 range. Can anyone recommend some companies? I am looking at maybe a 3-4 hour rental

If i don't do the photo booth, I was thinking of getting cute purple boxes and getting labels from VISTA print with our monogram on them and sticking those on the boxes. Then the guest can take their cake and other deserts home. What do you think?
Any suggestions you have would be great

Thanks
Mrs-Flawless-Pitts

Re: HELP/FAVORS/PHOTOBOOTH

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just doing the photobooth as a favor.  Honestly if you don't have money in your budget and you need to cut something, I would cut favors. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I  have the money but i feel like sometimes it can be a total waste. My friend got married last year and i have no clue what i did with the favor from her wedding (think it was a cute bottle filled with apple cider). Other weddings i have been to, most of the guest left the favors on their chairs so i just don't want to spend the money and it go to waste
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing facors.
    I am doing a candy bar and donations to cancer.
    Other than that, people wont remember what I did,so I am not worrying about it
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm skipping favors too. Even when I think a favor is really cute, I don't end up taking it with me. I think that unless you do something really special, they are kind of a waste.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also skipping favors.  Amerbutt did too. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to make the guests feel like you did something fo rthem, donate to a charity.  Photobooths are fun but they're expensive and not worth going further over the budget for - guests won't miss it if it's not there, just like they won't miss most favors.  Many charities will give you cards to distribute for free, as well.
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_helpfavorsphotobooth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:560d64ac-cada-4337-8e09-75e4de14b5f2Post:b1558fd9-cf81-47af-94c1-c2351a30c0fb">Re: HELP/FAVORS/PHOTOBOOTH</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If you want to make the guests feel like you did something fo rthem, donate to a charity</strong>.  Photobooths are fun but they're expensive and not worth going further over the budget for - guests won't miss it if it's not there, just like they won't miss most favors.  Many charities will give you cards to distribute for free, as well.
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

I might be in the minority, but its no favor to me if you donate to YOUR favorite charity.  I'd rather not have a favor.  There are a number of charities I choose not to support and giving money to them in my name would really piss me off.
  • Options
    lalarochellelalarochelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I do favors, it'll be the candy bar. However, I'm also thinking about not doing them and do Philly themed welcome bags at the hotel-yes I know everyone won't get them...but one thing I beliebe is that favors-unless something outrageously expensive or useful-like wine bottle stoppers are useless because no one wants something w/ your pic on it lol
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Like RA said, I didn't do favors.  We decided to take the money that we would have put towards them and upgraded our bar options instead.  No one noticed that they didn't have a trinket to take home, but I think they enjoyed the kickass bar we had ;)

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your  input and advice... I will probably skip the favors at this point
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't bother with favors.  Nobody missed them.
  • Options
    CleverGirl01CleverGirl01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $800 is not that bad for a photobooth and if you don't do favors and use the photobooth as the gift to your guests they will have so much fun. I still have the picture of me and my fiance on my refrigerator from a wedding I attended that had a photobooth. I have no idea where I put the picture frame that I got at another wedding. So, if you planned on spending maybe $300 on favors I say skip it. Then it's only like you are spending $500 on the booth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the photobooth doubled my favor. It was only $800 (6 hours, 2 attendants, the works) with the magnet holders included for favors. It also tripled as a guestbook/scrapbook. My guests absolutely LOVED it.  PM if you want info.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards