Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Holy cow! Florists are expensive!!

So i looked into fresh Orchid bouquets... I only needed one bouquet for myself...and contacted several florists in the area...and the quote I got back was between $150-$300 for a single bouquet? Wow... i'm just speechless...I guess, i stick with my silk bouquet instead... can't justify to spend that much on a single bouquet that I'm only going to carry around for a max of 4 hours... how much did you pay for yours?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Holy cow! Florists are expensive!!

• Options

You're making me nervous... I know my FI is going to flip when I tell him how much ours flowers will be..but I am already kind of scheming...I know I'm probably wrong lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's not the florists that are expensive it's an entire bouquet of orchids.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_holy-cow-florists-are-expensive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:57a37375-956c-481f-9ccb-007a0b1bf055Post:372bcc53-2aa3-4314-92e1-eb369b29b208">Re: Holy cow! Florists are expensive!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not the florists that are expensive it's an entire bouquet of orchids.
    Posted by saturninus[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh...is that an expensive flower?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_holy-cow-florists-are-expensive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:57a37375-956c-481f-9ccb-007a0b1bf055Post:372bcc53-2aa3-4314-92e1-eb369b29b208">Re: Holy cow! Florists are expensive!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not the florists that are expensive it's an entire bouquet of orchids.
    Posted by saturninus[/QUOTE]

I was asking them for only 3 strands of Orchids for my bouquet... didnt think, that would run up to $300... :(
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for that info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    why not buy the flowers and make the bouquet yourself??
    i'm considering doing this w my bridesmaids the day before...
  • Options
    you can also let the florist know that you are working on a budget - they can probably make suggestions of flowers that are similar. I know a lot of times the orchids are wired in the stem to keep it together - but they can wire more budget friendly blooms together too
  • Options
    Try something called a dendrobium orchid. They are orchids, but MUCH cheaper. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    try Jutone and Jacqueline. they shouldnt be that expensive. email me for more details   cirino4life@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards