Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Whats cookin good lookin?!

2»

Re: Whats cookin good lookin?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I make a big batch of gravy and meatballs and have spaghetti the first night  - and then one night that week we have meatball sandwiches and another night I make a lasagne with some.  If there is any left, I freeze it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-cookin-good-lookin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:5b11a1ff-9c2f-4204-a55f-9c934663a1e9Post:72597077-12d9-4706-97b1-547895e4c9d0">Re: Whats cookin good lookin?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I make a big batch of gravy and meatballs and have spaghetti the first night  - and then one night that week we have meatball sandwiches and another night I make a lasagne with some.  If there is any left, I freeze it.
    Posted by taccoten[/QUOTE]

this is a great idea! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-cookin-good-lookin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5b11a1ff-9c2f-4204-a55f-9c934663a1e9Post:72597077-12d9-4706-97b1-547895e4c9d0">Re: Whats cookin good lookin?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I make a big batch of gravy and meatballs and have spaghetti the first night  - and then one night that week we have meatball sandwiches and another night I make a lasagne with some.  If there is any left, I freeze it.
    Posted by taccoten[/QUOTE]

this is why gravy is made on Sundays ;) I just know I wont be cooking any Sundays for the rest of the year!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight and tomorrow is Spaghetti with soy italian sausage and mushrooms (thanks Cara for sugguesting using it in the recipes post!  FI didn't even know it wasn't real meat!)

Wednesday and Thursday might be a pork tenderloin with veggies or BBQ ribs...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last night we had NY Strip Steaks with carrots and parsnips.  Parsnips are DELICIOUS.  Why didn't anyone tell me???

Tonight I work my second job, so I'll probably have a small bowl of pasta when I get home at 10:30.  FI was going to have tilapia, broccoli and egg noodles... but he had flyers tickets fall in his lap so he'll probably have something at the game.

Tomorrow we're having pot roast!!  I actually made it last night (it was ready this morning) and it's sitting in my refrigerator, waiting for me to come home.  Wednesday will be the tilapia FI isn't eating tonight, since I'll have to work late Wednesday.  No ideas Thursday or Friday.

We're trying to make a conscious effort to eat at home more and not pick up Capriottis or Pizza, and eat healthier. 

I also just realized I forgot to call and order pies for Saturday.  Crap.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHHH Capriottis!  Do you get the Bobbie?!  Best sandwich everrrrr
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hahaha yes normally I get the Bobbie.  Their cheesesteaks are pretty good, too!  Trouble is... it can get expensive eating there often, plus it's not exactly in the diet plan.  FI is trying very hard to diet. 

I'm actually from the DE Board, but I was born and raised outside of Philly. 

And for anyone who HASN'T had a bobbie before... it's Thanksgiving on a roll.  Turkey (real turkey... not cold cuts), stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo (I always order it without mayo) on a roll.  SO GOOD.  If you've had the Wawa Turkey Gobbler... it's kind of like that, but 1000X better.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and it's a cold sandwich, BTW.  :)

Speaking of the Bobbie - I may just have to go get one SOON.  They opened a Capriotti's in Cherry Hill not too long ago :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-cookin-good-lookin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5b11a1ff-9c2f-4204-a55f-9c934663a1e9Post:c2d728bc-8507-405d-804b-52a4ea9f73a7">Re: Whats cookin good lookin?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha yes normally I get the Bobbie.  Their cheesesteaks are pretty good, too!  Trouble is... it can get expensive eating there often, plus it's not exactly in the diet plan.  FI is trying very hard to diet.  I'm actually from the DE Board, but I was born and raised outside of Philly.  And for anyone who HASN'T had a bobbie before... it's Thanksgiving on a roll.  Turkey (real turkey... not cold cuts), stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo (I always order it without mayo) on a roll.  SO GOOD.  If you've had the Wawa Turkey Gobbler... it's kind of like that, but 1000X better.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

FI would LOVEEE THIS...me not so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards