Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Scripture Readings

I am trying to finish wrapping up the ceremony outline so I can email it to my pastor.  I want to get it done before graduation so I can print my programs at school and take advantage of the technology fee :)  This is not the order everything will go in, I am going to have to converse with my pastor about that. 

In our ceremony we want to show that we will be serving each other, God and others in our marriage.  Instead of a unity candle, we are doing a foot washing.  I have a few questions, do you have any suggestions of songs/hymns for the seating of the parents and grandparents?  Is that usually just one or 2 songs?  Then I am trying to find a new testament scripture to read, but we are staying away from submit/obey.  I was looking today and like Colossians 3:12-17 or part of John 13 since that talks about foot washing. 

Sorry this is a lot, but what do you all think?  Suggestions or changes would be greatly appreciated :)  

Prelude Music:
Forrest Gump Suite
You Raise Me Up
There Is Love
(another song sung by my Uncle Tony)

Seating of the Grandparents and Parents- We are thinking the hymn
Bridesmaids Processional- The Prayer
Bride walking down the aisle- Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Josh Groban's Rendition)

Scripture-
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Congregational Singing- Savior Like A Shepherd Lead Us
Foot Washing- How Pleasant Is It (It's actually a foot washing hymn)

Exit- All You Need Is Love

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Scripture Readings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with songs for the seating part, since we did classical pieces, but here are the songs that I used:

770 I was there to hear your borning cry (WOV)
    649 I want to walk as a child of the Light (WOV)
    748 Bind Us Together (WOV)
    (Hymns from With One Voice, one of the ELCA's hymnal)

Our Readings were:
    Galatians 5:22-23
    Psalm 100
    John 15:9-12

I LOVE the idea of the footwashing.  It's interesting, and really shows your strong faith.  Such a great idea!
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello MBR, thanks for your suggestions.  I will have to look into those passages.  I knew that I didn't want to do a unity candle, FI suggested the foot washing.  We thought about it, prayed about it and thought it was a great idea.  Thanks for the encouragement :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards