Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Poll to get my mind in a more positive mode:

What are your top 3 priorities right now?

Photobucket

Re: Poll to get my mind in a more positive mode:

• Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.) Planning so that my wedding is a success
    2.) Completing these accounting credits so I can get promoted
    3.) Save as much money as possible

I realize those are kind of broad but those are it. A smaller priority is to complete the
    C25K program so I can complete the Phillies 5K and not look like a sweating heavy breathing monster. So far so good. Im on week 6 starting tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    edited December 2011

- Close on our first home.
    - Get through work, day by day, until my boss comes back from leave
    - Lose weight.  I just saw photos of myself from the wedding last week and I was disgusted.

Not very uplifting though.... how about this:

- start thinking about dog breeds for when we move and fence our new yard
    - continue to find new recipes to make for dinner with DH
    - stop drinking so much white wine.  Drink more red instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Take time to relax and be lazy with FI (so far soo good on this one)
    2) Spend time with friends
    3) Increase my exercise/activity level

funny how wedding planning is not in my priorities, should be, however The Knot Checklist zapped my enthusiasim (at least until we go register-hopefully this weekend)
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) School... I love grad school and I mean that in all honesty... I am trying to make it out alive about 2 semesters early so I am killing myself.  I want to be done before the wedding....

2) Work to save money...depressing but paying for grad school and saving for a house and a wedding = a lot of work. 

3) Myself.  I think this weekend I am in need of nails done (at least) I am considering scheduling an apt at the spa tomorrow for this weekend.
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cara, I like your last one :)

1.  Get a new job or a whole bunch of them if possible
    2.  Increase my energy level, starting with positive thinking
    3. Take more time for myself and those I love, especially DH.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Spend as much fun/relaxing time with FI as I possibly can!
    2. Plan my wedding to the best of my ability (and try not to be overly stressed about it haha).
    3. Save as much money as possible so FI and I can get a cute house sometime in the near-ish future :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Move into the new house-- whether it be in April or March, I don't know.
    2. Get back to my welter weight.  I look a stuffed sausage at Traci's shower.
    3.  Be healthy.  I've had some medical issues that I have put on the backburner for too long and I need to start addressing them.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) complete planning a beautiful amazing wedding day for FI and I, with good humor, a handle on the stress and enjoying one of the most important days of our lives :)

2) finding a new, more challenging, better paying job!

3) being a smarter spender and saver; buying our first home :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Continue to get in better shape, I'm disgusted with myself lately.
    2.  Try to focus on enjoying the time left as a couple DH and I have before we get ready to start a family 
    3.  Flip a property myself, and increase my overall productivity / increase total real estate sales year over year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Getting myself in better shape. I've let my health get way out of whack the past 6 months... and I'm not happy. More than anything, I just want to be a good influence on my daughter and her health choices.
    2. Paying off all of my debts before the wedding.
    3. Planning our wedding.... that's more time consuming than anything else!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Find a new job where I'll be happier at and hopefully get more $
    2. Pay off debts and save $ for the future
    3. Relax and enjoy things.  I wish I could stop analyzing everything.

Honorable mentions:  keep working out, take a vaca with H this year
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Loss weight.  I really need to do better eating since I can't work out like I want to.  I'm in a wedding in Oct and I want to look decent.  Then I'll focus on how I want to look at my wedding.

2.  Find a good budget for FI and me, esp with buying a house.  We are tracking all spending this week to see where we can cut back.  Also find sales for the applicances and furniture I'd like to have when we move... or soon after we move.

3.  BOOK OUR CRUISE.  FI just got approved for leave, and now I'm just waiting to get paid Thursday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-mind-positive-mode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5e5f8d5f-a42a-41b3-b0ca-8124e86c098aPost:d706f701-e7ea-427b-af4b-ffb7afdc18d6">Re: Poll to get my mind in a more positive mode:</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Loss weight.  I really need to do better eating since I can't work out like I want to.  I'm in a wedding in Oct and I want to look decent.  Then I'll focus on how I want to look at my wedding. 2.  Find a good budget for FI and me, esp with buying a house.  We are tracking all spending this week to see where we can cut back.  Also find sales for the applicances and furniture I'd like to have when we move... or soon after we move.<strong> 3.  BOOK OUR CRUISE.  FI just got approved for leave, and now I'm just waiting to get paid Thursday.
    </strong>Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Yay for getting approved for leave.
    I can appreciate this because my brother is in the service.
    And getting approved sometimes can just be the longest waiting game (or at least feel like it) ever!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-mind-positive-mode?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5e5f8d5f-a42a-41b3-b0ca-8124e86c098aPost:32c8198a-7126-46d2-904c-110f97ea57fc">Re: Poll to get my mind in a more positive mode:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll to get my mind in a more positive mode: : Yay for getting approved for leave. I can appreciate this because my brother is in the service. And getting approved sometimes can just be the longest waiting game (or at least feel like it) ever!
    Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE]

Well, this was worse than usual since they changed his unit between turning in his papers, and getting approved.  So he had to redo them, and then there was 2 weeks neither company said he was "on their books".  Glad someone can understand this!  Can't wait until he's out in Nov!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Study for and pass my certification exam next month
    2. Wedding
    3. Exercise

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Stick with Jillian and get shredded ;)
    2. Try and get more motivated at work and really work at advancing my stauts in the office.
    3. I'm stealing this one from ooods - Try and prioritze more alone time for DH and I and really anjoy our "us" time before TTC and expanding our little family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Find my motivation to get healthier, especially to exercising on a regular basis. I just cannot get motivated, no matter how bad I look!
    2. Keep myself in balance as my work, home and volunteer schedules get crazy in the next few months.
    3. Find a new church both DH and I love close to our new home.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Grad School - more so doing well, since I get the classes for free
    2) Save. Save. Save. This is particularly hard to do when your FI says their family owned and operated business makes the majority of their money between March-July.
    3) Keep up with fitness and health routines.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Find a job where I will be happier. More money wont hurt.
    2. Concentrate on healthy eating and being more active.
    3. Plan our trips (June to Cali and Nov to Disney)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Maintain my weight loss from last year, and tone up a bit before the wedding.
    2. Save money, maintain savings after wedding.
    3. Continue to manage my anxiety better. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) Get our house ready to put on the market this Spring
    2) Find a new job that will make me happier and utilize my MBA
    3) Pay off student loan debts

Also, getting healthier again -- I left myself go after the wedding : (
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer- you did not look liked a stuffed sausage. Good lord.

1. Wedding. duh.
    2. Try to not kill anyone (SPECIFICALLY ONE PERSON) before my wedding
    3. Be happy and relax for the next 1.5 months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First, I want tickets to the second Phillies home game; second, finish up booking all of my vendors; and third, get my car fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards