Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

wedding dress too formal

I ordered my dress and I love it, but I am nervous that it is too formal. Now, I plan on changing for the reception since everyone else will be casual. It is outside wedding -- think barn and country wedding. I know it doesn't quite fit, but I love the dress and it was the only one that made me feel good in it. Below it the picture from the website -- now I think it looks more formal here than on me. Let me know what you think

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: wedding dress too formal

• Options
    OMG I don't care where your wedding is. You have to wear that dress. It is absolutely gorgeous.
  • Options
    very pretty dress... i say unless you are uncomfortable in the dress or being more formal than everyone else Stay in the dress... i mean really you spend all this $ on it and how often in your life do you really get to wear a gown??? everyone could be in jeans and tshirts and i am not taking off my gown lol!
  • Options
    I actually don't think it's too formal. If it were a ballgown, then it would be, but I think it'll go nicely with your theme. It's a really pretty dress :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think it's too formal...plus if it makes you feel beautiful that is All that matters! Pretty dress by the way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't change either!!  GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    That is a gorgeous dress. You can always dress it 'down' a little with your accessories and how you wear your hair. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for all the advice. I was planning on dressing it down -- was just going to put a flower in my hair or something more casual and no veil.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards