April 2012 Weddings
Options

Got the Two Things I Wanted!

Even though I didn't want the wedding to be anything big, there were two things that were importnat to me, that have fallen into place within the last week.

My grandmas are both getting elderly and don't travel as much as they used to, but if we were going to do more than parents and siblings I wanted both my grandmas to be there.  My grandmas had both been mentioning that they planned to come, but now that hotels are filling up, my mother let them know, and they made hotel reservations so they are officially booked :-)

I also didn't want to walk down the aisle wearing glasses.  Long story, I used to wear contacts in high school and college but then they noticed a problem with one of my eyes and advised me to discontinue wearing contacts, and several doctors concurred when I went to get my prescription updated.  The last time I got my prescription updated, I especially liked the doctor, who seemed more knowledgeable and thorough and said that the hard contact lenses would not affect the problem in my eye and he would try me in them if I was interested.  I wasn't interested at the time, but now that I'm engaged and April is getting closer, I had more motivation to see if I could tolerate the hard lenses, and when I went to get my prescription updated today, I accepted the doctor's encouragement that I should try the hard lenses.  And once they get the fit of the lenses right, I think I'm going to do okay with them where I can start wearing contacts!  (Not to mention, my prescription didn't change, so I can save money on new glasses...right now I'll take any financial break I can get!  However, a minor splurge on new non-prescription sunglasses may be in order).  So if all goes well with the new contacts I will NOT be walking down the aisle in glasses :-)

Double yay!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards