Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Mother of the Groom

Hi all, 
My sister is getting married this May in the Outer Banks, but we live in Philadelphia. The mother of the groom hasn't gone shopping for an outfit for the wedding yet. She does not want to wear a dress and would like to wear a pant suit. The only problem is we've been having trouble finding pant suits in bridal stores. Does anyone know of any bridal stores that carry pant suits in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs? 

Thanks! 

Re: Mother of the Groom

• She might have better luck looking at places like Bloomingdales. My mom found her MOB dress at Nordstrom.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_mother-of-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6af9eb35-4a06-4213-a2e7-4679e3bc133fPost:abc6240a-cf69-4074-8b9d-4f75bdbf1e4e">Re: Mother of the Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]She might have better luck looking at places like Bloomingdales. My mom found her MOB dress at Nordstrom.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks Jessa1228! I think that's what she will have to do. We found some options at JCPenny, Macy's, etc., but wanted to find something maybe a little bit dressier. I thought maybe some brides on here would know of some places that carry pant suits. Thanks for your suggestion :) 

</div>
  • My recommendation would be to find a designer (like on the knot dress ideas links) and follow through to their site.  Many designers list what stores carry their designs.
  • Instead of "bridal" stores, try specialty stores and boutiques.  I know DE has a few.  One that comes to mind is Lady's Image on Rt 202 in North Wilmington.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_mother-of-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6af9eb35-4a06-4213-a2e7-4679e3bc133fPost:2bc5c0f5-1dec-44e8-8d49-3e4053a7cf5a">Re: Mother of the Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Instead of "bridal" stores, try specialty stores and boutiques.  I know DE has a few.  One that comes to mind is Lady's Image on Rt 202 in North Wilmington.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

I am a mother of bride and we just got my mom a beautiful silver top set and black pants that look like a skirt at Macy's. very stylish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards