Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

A Little Introduction

Many of you have already helped in my photographer crisis. I ended up getting a fantastic and experienced photographer at a really great deal. I panic, practically all the time; now that I am in full-wedding mode, working full-time, and on my last semester of college it will only get worse. I wanted to express that I genuinely appreciate the support. I also wanted to provide some information about me :)

Random facts about us:
Wedding date: 9/10/11
Engaged since: 8/28/2010
Hometown: Collegeville
My Favorite foods: Everything breakfast! and broccoli. Yum. One of the main reasons we are having a brunch reception is because of just how many brunches we went to before all of our weekend art museum dates as we were just getting to know one another.
My Obsessions: Lilly Pulitzer, sangria, Martha Stewart, the Phillies, and Real Simple Magazine
How we met: After Christmas shopping at the King of Prussia mall, I was trying to answer a text and ended up dropping just about everything I was carrying. An incredibly handsome man came to my rescue and we have been together since.
How we got engaged: We love The Office, and I weeped when Pam and Jim got married. We visited the beautiful yet kitschy Niagara Falls, Canada and stayed at a wonderful B&B. While there, we took a ride on the Maid of the Mist, and he got down on one knee just as we got close to the Horse Shoe Falls. It was the sweetest thing I have ever been a part of.

Anyhow, that's me. I look forward to getting to know all of you much more!

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: A Little Introduction

• Options
    EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome date twin!! i went to college in your hometown :) love your proposal story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome proposal story.  How long have you two been together?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome!

I like the brunch reception! what a different idea!

funny- i just got a coupon for Real Simple Magazine ;) Guess I should check it out
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome!  great story =)
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Real Simple is the ish. 

Love the proposal story <3  Welcome to the board!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011

welcome and congratulations!

I also cried when Jim and Pam got married ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice to hear all about you! Congrats and welcome. Ps. You got engaged on my birthday! And Niagara Falls is so pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww, so cute!  I love how he popped the question and how you met as well. 

I went to Methacton, my parents are still in the same area, I am not.  Where do you live now?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JJM that is the cutest story (how you got together and the engagement)!!  Welcome to the board. 

One of my favorite places is in Cville... Marzella's PIzza.  My friend's uncle owns it, and we used to go there all the time in college and bring home 4-6 strombolis for all of our friends.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    JJMsBrideToBeJJMsBrideToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's no joke when they say that love finds you where you least expect it. It would have been so easy for us to never meet. It's almost like a romantic comedy, but we joke all the time how had he been a creeper at the mall that day, the ending could have been more like a horror flick. We've been together for a little over 3 years now, so we're very lucky.

Getting engaged was definitely the best day of my life. He enjoys taking his time, I'm definitely a rusher, so it was a long time coming when he finally asked haha.  It was still a breath-taking moment never the less because we took the most momentous step to date in front of one of the most beautiful sights in the world. It was hard to come home!

Collegeville is awesome, though. If the taxes weren't so high we would probably end up buying a home here. I live really close to Methacton High School, just about 3 miles down Germantown Pike. Marzella's is SO good (it was the only Cville pizzeria that would deliver to our area of the boonies) but I have to admit that I'm a Franco's girl now.

Anyhow ladies, I really am looking forward to getting to know each of you. It's nice to finally have a date set in stone so that I can physically plan everything and enjoy being engaged. Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! :) Who did you end up choosing for a photographer? Remember you have plenty of time, do not PANIC :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello hello - where is Cassie these days?  She would be so thrilled to not be the youngest here anymore ;)  Wonderful proposal story - best of luck with planning and welcome!
  • Options
    JJMsBrideToBeJJMsBrideToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are going with Denise Trigo for our photography. She has shot a few weddings at our venue, and the pictures are gorgeous. I absolutely fell in love with her natural light photographs. We're getting a great deal for our needs and budget. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards