Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Honeymoon spots within driving distance of Philadelphia

Hi,

We are on a tight budget, but we would really like to take a nice honeymoon for 3days or so.  We can't really afford to fly anywhere so I am looking for a nice, relaxing spot that is within driving distance (no more than 6 hours) from Philadelphia. Any suggestions?  We want to spend the bulk of our money on a really nice hotel or bed & breakfast.  We are looking for a relaxing honeymoon, maybe a spa or a nice beach?

Re: Honeymoon spots within driving distance of Philadelphia

• Options
    I know several people that have honeymooned in Cape May, Williamsburg, VA and the Poconos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Really close would be New Hope (I think it's about an hour north?)

Otherwise, I'd recommend Niagara Falls. Fi and I went there this past August and had a blast. We drove up on a Thursday, then went to dinner and a magic show, Friday we did all of the Falls activities (Maid of the Mist, White Water Walk, etc), and then dinner at the Rainbow Room (amazing!). Saturday we drove down to the PA Grand Canyon and hiked, then headed home Sunday morning. Great quick, inexpensive getaway!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Cape May is absolutely gorgeous.  We stayed at the Virginia hotel there and didn't want to leave.  DH and I did a minimoon in Atlantic City but it was also after Labor Day so we weren't dealing with big crowds.

Here is the website for The Virginia Hotel:
    http://www.virginiahotel.com/

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Ditto all of those places, and also Virginia Beach.  Virginia has a LOT of cute couples-y vacation spots.  And a LOT of nice B&Bs. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Newport RI.  
  • Options
    Try Ocean City, MD.  It's a little less crowded and "shore"-y than the Jersey beaches, and it's really cute.  You can go look at the ponues on the beach at Assatueague!
  • Options
    martha's vineyard
  • Options
    Check out livingsocial.com for their escapes.  FI and I found this beautiful B&B in Columbia MD.  It's ranked one of the best B&Bs in MD every year.  And the deal was buy one night, get one free. 
  • Options
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards