Colorado-Denver
Options

Involving FSIL and FBIL

My FI's brother and sister are part of our wedding party.  But, I would like to include their spouses (FSIL and FBIL) in some way.  We're having a Catholic mass, so I would like to ask them to bring up the gifts.  The snag is that they will both have infants at the time of the wedding.  I assume their parents (grandparents of the babies) can watch them while FSIL and FBIL bring up the gifts.  Would it be ok to ask them and let them decide if they're comfortable leaving both babies alone (with the g-parents) while they bring up the gifts?  I want to include them but I don't want them to feel obligated to do it, espeically if they're concerned about leaving their babies while they do it.TIA!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Involving FSIL and FBIL

• Options
    COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're being very considerate to think about them and the babies. I think it's totally fine to ask them and let them decide. Infants are usually too young to mind being passed around so I would think they would be fine with the grandparents. I am planning to ask my FSIL to do a reading at our ceremony and have the grandparents watch her 2 year old if she doesn't mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think they have prob already thought about this and know to hand the babies off to someone else while they are bringing the gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unless these people are super protective of their kids, anyone who the babies are comfortable with should work. But realize that due to strange circumstances, one of your FILs might have to either hold the baby and the gift, or pass the gift to another.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't overthink.   This task might take 2 minutes tops.   Unless the child is somehow permanently affixed to them, they should be able to hand the kid off to someone for 120 seconds without dire consequences. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    **Texas Gal****Texas Gal** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should just ask them and let them decide. I think they will be very touched that you wanted to include them in the mass. I would :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi Fran! I agree with the pp, just ask them and let them decide. It is such a sweet gesture for you to invite them to take part, and you are considerate for thinking of their kids too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards