Colorado-Denver
Options

Christine Hoyt brides

For those of you who used Christine Hoyt to do your alterations, did you go with the cleaners (Gigantic cleaners?) she recommends for steaming/pressing your dress? 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christine Hoyt brides

• Options
    cadenaamcadenaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooo, good question Fran.  I need to figure out where to go too.  My 2nd fitting with CH is this afternoon!!  :)
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine yesterday :)  Have fun "visiting" your dress!
  • Options
    alicottalicott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took it to Giganitic.... just cause I couldn't find any other place that did specialty steaming for under $100. She really highly recommends them, and I trust her judgement. I don't want anything to happen to my dress before the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll need to get my dress cleaned after she's done with it - any cost approx. grom the cleaners she recs?
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • Options
    perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you guys checked with the bridal shop you bought your dress from? CH rec the cleaners but my boutique does it for free. Out of curiosity have any of you had problems with her?
  • Options
    cadenaamcadenaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll let you know if I've had any problems after I see my dress today!  :)  Lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great question!I know at David's Bridal if you buy your dress from them they will press your dress for free. BUT, if you get it altered somewhere else they will not touch the dress. (I use to work there) So you would have to have them press the dress before hand. They are so picky! I'll just go with her recommendation.
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alicott - How much did Gigantic charge?  This was something that I didn't anticipate would/could cost upwards of $100.Brit - So, if I bought my dress at Davids and had it altered elsewhere, they won't steam it for me?I don't remember who asked...sorry...I have had a good experience with Christine so far.  No problems as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    amberlyroseamberlyrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked Gigantic, plus you can take it back afterwards to get it preserved at a discount, from what my dad was saying. He picked up the dress for me, so I'll let you know after I take my dress back to them today.
    puppies-1

Anniversary
  • Options
    velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have problems with Christine. But, I had my dress pressed in Oregon, so I can't comment on the cleaners.
  • Options
    alicottalicott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dress and veil cost $65 to steam and press... I also have a lot of pick ups on my skirt, so I don't know if that made a difference. There are some specialty wedding botiques that I asked that charge upwards of $120
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If buy your dress from them and then you have it altered anywhere else, David's won't touch it again. I bought my dress there and it was made very clear that they won't press or "spot check for dirt" after you take it and have it altered.
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • Options
    kelcon3kelcon3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took my dress there and they did a great job for a great price.  I think my dress and veil were $65.
  • Options
    cadenaamcadenaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problems with CH so far.  My fitting went great and I go for my final fitting on 8/19.  :) Did you have problems with her Dslove?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    caden ~ I'm glad it went well. Yes minor issues, but she reads the blogs and I'd rather wait for when I do my vendor review.....
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean the posts is what is read not the blog, either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards