Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shower Hostess Gifts

What did you/plan to get for your bridal shower hostess gifts?

I just want to get an idea of what and how much people generally spend on hostess gifts. I've got some ideas but would love some moreLaughing

Thanks!
One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower Hostess Gifts

• edited December 2011
    I saw once that some one did bath products with a note saying "hope your next shower is as wonderful as mine was." or something like that. I thought it was cute. Especially since I had never heard of hostess gifts for showers and had never received one as a hostess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is a cute idea, I love a themed gift
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A hug and a sincere thank you.  I didn't give them gifts.  And I also didn't receive gifts when I was a BM/MOH hosting a shower.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My two sisters (BMs) and mom hosted my shower.  I think I just bought my mom a plant and gave her a card.  For my sisters, I bought them each a really cool cupcake carrier that they had been lusting over.  I got it at BB&B for less than $25 with a coupon.  Also, I gave them the gifts a couple weeks after the shower when I next saw them because up until that day I didn't know who was hosting my shower.

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shower-hostess-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6f106a9a-1009-462f-ac52-833d48fa402ePost:0128175c-b916-4125-8ec7-bde73ecc8167">Re: Shower Hostess Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]A hug and a sincere thank you.  I didn't give them gifts.  And I also didn't receive gifts when I was a BM/MOH hosting a shower.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Exactly this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input it is really helpful! Now I know I don't have to go overboard and buy a big gift and if I do buy a gift they'll apprecaite the sentiment and the thank you.

I think I'll make sure to get them something because they are hosting the shower and I know as  MOH in a wedding a few years ago showers can get costly even when hosting them at home.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought all my hostesses gift sets from philosophy. I havent had my shower yet but I am sure they will appreciate the thought. I am going to put something about enjoying their next shower as i did mine like someone posted above. I don't think I really went overboard but it was like $28 per hostess for the set which was already in my budget. You could always go a lot cheaper, as i know bath and body works is running a sale right now. hope that helps. Also I have heard of others giving umbrellas to go with the shower theme.
  • edited December 2011
    I am buying products from LUSH. My MOH and 6 BMs are hosting, so I am doing a little gift set for MOH and bath balls for the other girls with a nice note.
    220 Invited image
    149 Are celebrating! image
    59 Can't make it. image
    12 Can't find the mailbox! image May 4 RSVP deadline! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards