Colorado-Denver
Options

Telluride in the Summer?

Can any of you ladies give me information on Telluride during the summer?  We are planning our wedding for June 2010.  We are in NM but our family is spread over the southwest area.  We would like to have a very small ceremony with just our immediate families and make it more like a vacation weekend with everyone.  I have never been to the area so I am not sure what it is like, especially during June.  Would there be a lot of things for everyone to do and enjoy there?Thanks so much!Joann

Re: Telluride in the Summer?

• Options
    jdoudyjdoudy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh for sure! Telluride is a total tourist trap and is absolutely beautiful in the summer! There's plenty of little shops to check out, golfing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing... Just make sure you don't make plans during the Telluride Bluegrass Festival (which is in June) or you will find it hard to find anything at a reasonable price. In all honesty you probably wouldn't be able to find a place at all during the festival.
  • Options
    jdoudyjdoudy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry... I'll get all of my thoughts together one of these days :) Western Colorado is full of amazing Mountain towns with expensive and limited resources so many vendors are used to traveling. We are using Cody Hoshide for our photographer www.hoshidephotography.com. He is young and I get the impression he's just starting out but his work is amazing and he is super friendly! Also caterers that I know travel to Telluride area are The Cowboy and The Rose (don't worry; it's not a chuck wagon LOL) They can create anything you can dream up. www.thecowboyandtherose.com I'd more than happy to help you with anything else you might need to know about Western, CO and if I don't know I'm sure I can find out in a hurry :) jessmaegirlie@yahoo.com
  • Options
    canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Telluride will be beautiful but may be cool in June. I'm not sure, though, so check weather.com. Telluride is my favorite mountain town in CO. Honestly, I would not describe it as a tourist trap. I think it has a lot of genuine charm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  If we do decide to go that route I will definitely be asking you for references for things!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love love love telluride! I went to the bluegrass festival last year and it was amazing. a summer wedding may be tough though, they literally have festivals in town every weekend May through september! If you can find a spot there go for it, it's one of the most beautiful spots in CO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards