Colorado-Denver

OOT Welcome bags w/ Colorado Theme

I'm so excited that we did this project...and I can't wait to give them to our OOT guests! If anyone wants to see them... PIB under DIY (at the very bottom of the page). These were by far the most fun DIY project that we've done for the wedding!
no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!

Re: OOT Welcome bags w/ Colorado Theme

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE them!  Great job! I might be emailing you at the end of the month to ask where you got this and that.  If you don't mind me asking- about how much did they end up costing and where did you get the stuff for the best deal?  Like the celestial seasonings tea, Boulder chips, playing cards, etc.  Thanks for any advice!  I still need to tackle that project!  Also, Chelbelle- I know that you and I have similar themes and colors.  I also loved your parasols.  are they ivory and brown? Would you possibly consider selling them to me after your wedding for mine in October?  Or letting me borrow them?  Let me know!  mcdonald_leslie at hotmail dot comYour day is quickly approaching!  Leslie
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leslie, Sure...feel free to email me whenever you are ready to do yours & I will give you all the info we have from making our baskets. Yes, I was planning to sell my parasols after the wedding...so if you are interested I'll put ya at the top of my list! :) I am hoping to sell them for $15 a piece...or both for $25...does that sound reasonable?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh & my email is psychdocintraining at yahoo dot com :)
  • edited December 2011
    those are great! I love the idea of giving guests CO themed welcome baskets. I have a silly question:What are those stickers (DTR) all about? I see them everywhere with all sorts of initials on them but I can't figure out what the heck they mean!
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! I will take them both for $25!  Just let me know either on here or via email when you are ready to sell.  I would just need them by 10/17!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jessi- the DTR stickers are like all the other ones & they stand for "Devils Thumb Ranch" where we are getting married.  I used to live in southern California & those stickers with different initials were EVERYWHERE (seemed like everyone had them on their cars & they'd indicate where they were from.  I hadn't seen them for a while when I moved out to CO...but now they are here too.  Just a silly thing to add in our baskets (I figured the kids in each family would like them LOL)Leslie,  ok...you are the next proud owner of the parasols! :)  Our wedding is 9/27 & we'll be back from our honeymoon on 10/4...so we can arrange a time for the swap anytime after that.  I live in the tech center but work in Thornton...so we could meet anywhere in the Denver metro if that works for you?  if not, let me know & maybe I can convince FI that we need to drive up to Ft. Collins for something & then we can drop them off up there :) LOL
  • VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look fantastic and very yummy!  Great job.  Your guests are very lucky.  But, given how well behaved they've been (with their RSVPs), I guess they deserve it :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I could never figure out what any of those stickers meant, so it's just the initials of where you're from? Where did that even start? Sorry, I have been curious about this for a long time :)
  • ekurtenbekurtenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leslie, Sorry for intruding on your conversation... but would you mind selling the parasols to me when you are done with them?! I would love love love to use them at our wedding in July! Let me know, my email is kurte639@regis dot edu Thanks! Emily
  • Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those look great Chel!!  I'm reallllly craving popcorn now haha! What font did you use for all your DIY projects?  It's so fun!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katie-  that popcorn is yummy!  FI & I ate a bag & then we had to put it in the garage to make sure that we didn't eat more & to save them for the OOT bags! :) LOL The font that we used is "ablemarle swash" which FI jokes is our "official font of the wedding" :)  LOL
  • Katie18Katie18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I'm completely blaming you for my breakdown buying popcorn from 711 today haha!!  For some reason I was craving it :)Thanks for letting me know the font.. I love it :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katie, that's too funny. I'll take the blame! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards