Colorado-Denver
Options

My sister dropped out of the wedding that is 2weeks away

I have 3 sisters - the oldest is my MOH and the 2 younger ones are my bridesmaids.  One of my sisters decided to not be in my wedding and also not attend at all and she won't give me a good reason for it.  I think it's because she is selfish and if she can't be the center of attention in a positive way, she will get the attention in a negative way.  I can replace her but the tension she is creating in the family is hard on me not to mention how I'm going to be able to get someone else to do it and get them fitted in a dress in such a short notice.  I paid for everything by the way so cost isn't the issue.  My wedding is less than 2 weeks away and I am so sad.  I've asked her twice to make sure and I will ask again because I think she will regret it - this is the first wedding in my immediate family.

Re: My sister dropped out of the wedding that is 2weeks away

• Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry she's creating such drama for you.  Just remember that the less attention you pay to said drama the better it reflects on you.Also, you don't have to slam someone else into her place just to 'even things up'.  BMs don't have to = GMs necessarily.  Just proceed without her, and she will look like the selfish brat she apparently is.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right.  I'm not going to replace her.  I'm going to just suck it up and hope she gets over herself.  Thanks!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this happened.  I hope that she realizes how bad it hurts you and ends up coming.  I had alot of family drama as well. It hurts but try not to pay attention to it becuase ultimately that is all she wants - attention. We didnt have equal sides in our wedding.  Some of our groomsmen walked with a girl on each arm.  It turned out great.  Dont replace her with someone that you didnt want in your wedding. good luck - try to not think of it.  Enjoy your last two weeks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You had family drama too?  I don't understand why the ones we love can be so hurtful.  My other little sister who is also a bridesmaid said she wasn't going to come to my bridal shower but then showed up anyway.  I am trying to not let it get to me but it does hurt my feelings.  We'll just have to have uneven sides if we have to.
  • Options
    paigef11paigef11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I thought I'd offer up some backup support, just in case. I agree with pp, you should just go on with the show and not replace her. A replacement could just give her a little extra (unjustified) ammo for an excuse to be angry (for whatever reason). Plus, asking someone to fill in last minute might actually hurt their feelings. Instead of feeling like an important part of your day (as a BM should), they might just feel like you needed a warm body to fill the spot and that anyone would do. Maybe your sister will come to her senses at last minute and be there for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, drama! Sorry you have to be going through this, you have enough on your plate as it is! I would definitely sit down with her one-on-one and discuss why she feels the need to skip out on your wedding, then explain to her that you will always be sisters and that you would really be honored if she would stand up with you on your special day. Other than that, there's not much else you can do. Hopefully you sister will realize her actions are hurtful and come to her senses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards