Colorado-Denver
Options

More shower advice

For those who read my last post about the shower...I have updates and need more advice.Since the couples shower is not feasible, the "hostess" now wants to throw me a bridal shower on a night we had previously scheduled a girls day/night out. I said, if it could be kept low-key and casual and more girls night out than bridal shower, I'd go for it.  Now she wants to know if I want to invite other people (other than the original ones who were coming to the girls night out).I'm torn.  I don't really want to invite more people but I also do not want people to get hurt feelings if they find out that I had a "shower" and their weren't invited.  Thoughts?On a related note...is it Oct 24th yet?  I'm so ready.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: More shower advice

• Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so sorry for your predicament!  it's probably a safer bet to invite the others since it "officially" a shower.  however, with a large group i tmight turn way more shower-y than you are hoping for.  good luck in whatever you decide!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i say send a casual email to your friends, or phone call and tell them it's more of a girls night in your honor. leave it up to them whether they want to come.treasure this time and enjoy it! it will be fun...let your friends do this for you. you only get to do it once.hope it all works out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Veronica said. Just make it explicitly clear to the hostess what you do or do not want at said "girls night out," that way she doesn't go planning the bridal shower of the century instead of a casual low-key girls night out.
  • Options
    steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, if it does become a "shower", I think that most women do so much chatting with each other that not too many of them will be watching you open the gifts.  At least that was how it was at the last couple of showers I attended.  So maybe you won't feel so intimidated after all??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards