Colorado-Denver
Options

Spray Tan

Hello all! I am interested in getting a spray tan for my wedding. Of course I will do a trial run a few weeks before, but I just wanted to get some feedback on anyone's experience with it. I've never had a spray tan and I am NOT a fake and baker, so I thought this was worth a try. I do not want to get a spray tan from a box (i.e. Mystic Tan). Instead I will definitely go to a therapist to spray me down. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Re: Spray Tan

• Options
    HBookmanHBookman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it the day before my wedding and was pretty impressed. It was very realistic looking, I thought. I went to SunSpot tanning in C-Springs, their spray tanner is different than mystic tan and they said they would never recommend mystic tan to brides because of how it can streak. I would recommend doing it two days before, though. The hotel room we were in was insanely hot the night before the wedding for some reason so I think I sweated some of the tan off onto the bed sheets (opps). I also re-did my nails since I wasn't happy with my manicure and nail polish remover + spray tan = orange all around my fingers, so don't do that. (Lemon juice took it right off, though!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As PP mentioned, just do it a few days before the wedding...you don't want it rubbing off on your beautiful dress!
  • Options
    jasmine0530jasmine0530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey thanks for posting this! I was going to ask about that too...anyone have recommendations of where to go in Fort Collins?
  • Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i haven't gotten one, but will test run it this winter for sure!  i do know they say to start exfoliating at least 3 days prior to with a body scrub.  Another tip I've heard is that a tan should last 5 to 7 days.  So to be safe you supposedly can get the tan 3 days ahead of time and then use a gradual self tanning lotion (like jergens or i like the vaseline one)to keep it natural-looking.
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Timing is critical.  Watch the elbows and hands - the color can get weird where your arms bend and look crinkly.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a spray tan done about 6 months ago. I am super anal so I did a bunch of research and finally found a lady in Cherry Creek North that sprays you by hand and then buffs the tan. I followed all the instructions (exfoliation, no lotion before hand, loose clothing, etc). The next morning I woke up with streaks and drip marks. Then I began to itch. I don't have sensitive skin and I'm not allergic to anything. The third day I woke up with a white neck (because I scratched it during the night). With all that being said- I would do a trial run at least a month ahead so you can always move to plan B.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never post but I absolutely had to share! I decided 2 weeks before my wedding to do a spray tan. Best decision ever! But I was nervous and didn't want to make a bad choice. I went to Gorgeous Tan & Nails in Berthoud (I'm from Fort Collins). Well worth the short drive. Kristi - the owner - took such good care of me. Treated me like a princess! So sweet and she was so good at it. I had her give me a mani and a pedi too! It was amazing! I had been feeling really self conscious about the last 10 lbs that I wasn't able to lose and as soon as I saw myself tan that all went away. Kristi made me feel so beautiful. I was really proud of my figure - which was so unexpected. And everyone told me how beautiful my tan was and how skinny I looked. Call Kristi at Gorgeous Tan & Nails (970) 532-5285 311 Mountain Ave, Berthoud, CO 80513
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to Tejon Tan in Colorado Springs. They do a great job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards