Colorado-Denver

cord of three strands ceremony

first off, i just want to say i love this board. you ladies are great with your questions and answers, thank you for all the tidbits and advice!now, we're getting down to the wire here for our wedding! 3 weeks!! and i just randomly thought of the fact that FI and I don't know exactly what we want to do for a unity ceremony yet, so i googled "unique unity ceremonies" and on the side i saw an ad for Cord of Three Strands, from GodsKnot.com....yes this is DEFINITELY a Christian thing... you take 3 cords, one in gold, one in purple, and one in white, and attach them to a brass ring. at the ceremony, the groom holds the ring while the bride braids the cords, with the gold one being in the middle. The purple one represents the groom, the white one represents the bride and the gold one represents God. This shows that it takes including God to make a successful marriage. I just thought that was a really neat idea. The site, GodsKnot wants almost $40 for the ready-to-go set of cords. I may look around town for a cheaper route but we'll see (and I'll keep you updated if anyone is interested)Just wanted to share my recent finding with any Christian brides also looking for a unique unity ceremony to include in their wedding.happy planning! and to you other October 24 brides---3 weeks!! yeaaaa!!

Re: cord of three strands ceremony

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds really neat! I'd love to see pictures if you end up doing it! :) We did a sand ceremony but the three cord braid sounds lovely! I think katie18 did a knot tying ceremony at her wedding this summer.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards