Colorado-Denver

ChellBell326

Hi, I was looking at your bio and wanted to first tell you that your wedding was amazing. The second thing I wanted to ask you was about your centerpieces. I am actually doing something similar with the wood slice. My question is, did you buy them or did someone cut them for you? And if you did have them cut, did you spray them with a clear lacquer? Any info you can share would be great. Also, what font did you use for your invitations? It was very pretty. Thanks again.

Re: ChellBell326

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, it was really fun to see all of the planning & DIY projects come together! The wood slices were cut for us (by a local wood carving guy who carves bears out of tree trunks! LOL). He just cut them with a chainsaw for us & told us to coat them in polyurethane (keeps them from rotting/splitting anymore than they've already split). The wood slices that we used were covered in 2 coats of polyurethane & they look great now (8 months after I got them cut). The font is albemarle swash & albemarle demo (both are free downloads online...I think I got them off of fonts101.com). Good luck!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chel - I agree with everything Girliegirlpa said!  The wedding was so beautiful and what a gorgeous day!!!  Thanks for the tips about the wood cuts - I was going to use wood cuts in a lot my decor, too....so thanks for saving me a lot of research!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly- you're welcome! I can't wait to see pics of your wedding with the wood slices as part of your decor! We got LOTS of compliments on them from our guests who thought they were perfect for our location & unique (bonus!)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards