Colorado-Denver
Options

Venue ideas for a FUN northern CO wedding?

Hi - My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Oct. 2010. We really want our wedding to be fun, one that is not stuffy or boring, and that people really get in to. I feel like the venue has a lot to do with that. We are on a budget (seriously...who isn't these day?) but would spend the money on the perfect place. Any ideas on a site that would let us relax and actualy throw a party, rather than a 'tea and crumpets' reception? We have a lot of family and friends having to travel from Alaska, Washington and Nebraska, so that adds to the pressure of showing our guests a great time! Any ideas or suggestions would really help. We are hoping to get married within about an hour of Greeley, CO (where we currently live) so Estes Park, Ft. Collins, or even some places in Denver would work for us. Thanks so much! :)

Re: Venue ideas for a FUN northern CO wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Bertolin Barn in north Longmont. www.bertolinbarn.com It is an old refurbished barn that they use for bluegrass shows and are starting to rent out for weddings. It is very affordable and they provide tables and chairs. You can bring in any catering and alcohol that you want as well. They are pretty laid back and will usually accomodate your needs, etc. It is a beautiful, rustic barn, but it is well- heated, has bathrooms, etc. and it has a nice fun, cozy atmosphere to it. definitely check it out- I think there is contact info on the site. If not, page me in her and I can get you her #. It is definitely within an our pf Greeley and Fort Collins. GL!
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we looked at a lot of venues in Estes & we weren't super impressed... Leslie's venue sounds REALLY cool though (we didn't know about Bertolin Barn when we were venue searching)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at The Red Barn in Evergreen (www.meadowsatmarshdale.com). It is probably about an hour from Greeley, and Evergreen is a great place for out-of-towners. We loved the Red Barn and the property now has another outdoor venue that look lovely. It also has two guest houses on the property, and a bed & breakfast across the street. A lot of our guests were from the east, so having a wedding in the mountains really impressed them. And it seems that Evergreen always has some sort of festival going on. And as a bonus, the aspen trees peak in early October at this elevation. It's worth a look if you like the idea of a mountain wedding not far from Denver. -Tina
  • Options
    softbalangelsoftbalangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Brookside Gardens in Berthoud. Its a new facility that just opened in May of this year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One place FI and I looked into was The Preserve at Bingham Hill in NW Fort Collins. They're not finished building it yet, but they said it should be open by December. They let you have the whole place for the entire day. I think they quoted us $3500 for a Saturday in July of next summer. You can email them at thepreserveatbinghamhill@gmail.com because their website isn't up yet.
  • Options
    steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This might be a little late to your post, but you could check out Ellis Ranch in Loveland.  My daughter had her wedding there last summer.  You get the venue for the entire day, and you bring in your own catering and beverages, which can keep your costs down.  Other venues (however more expensive) are Sylvan Dale Ranch in Loveland and Tapestry House in LaPorte (northwest of Ft. Collins).  Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards