Colorado-Denver
Options

Venues within budget - HELP!

My fiance and I are hoping for a Fall 2010 wedding. Unfortunately we have a smaller budget to work with. I have reached a point where I am so discouraged I'm wanting to push the wedding out because I am unable to find the perfect venue to fit our style and budget. Which I am looking for something where reception is probably indoors. I want a vintage or rustic feel. Trying to keep the venue under $3,000! Does anyone out there have recommendations for reasonalbly priced venues in the Denver/Mountain/Boulder areas that won't break our bank? We are completely open at this point....Thanks in advanced for your suggestions!

Re: Venues within budget - HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    our reception is at Four Mile Historic Park in Denver: it's a more rustic atmosphere, our room has a fire place, and the whole park is a little farm, I love it. The room for our reception cost $1800 for 6 hours and $150 per extra hour after that. The event coordinator Aimee is very helpful, and responds to email really fast.http://www.fourmilehistoricpark.org/GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Cathedral Pines, my BF/BM is looking into it and I about fell over when she told me the price! It's in Co. Springs!
  • Options
    denverbride84denverbride84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We are getting married in August 2010 at the Botanic Gardens at Chatfield State Park. (www.botanicgardens.org/content/chatfield-facility-rental) We are doing their Saturday evening package: 5 pm-midnight for $1,950. They have a barn for indoor receptions, or a giant lawn where many brides set up a tent. Another outdoors suggestion is Snow Mountain Ranch in Winter Park, CO. I would also check the Colorado Historical Society, which operates the Grant-Humphreys Mansion, the CO History Museum, and the Botanic Gardens in Trinidad...all of which (I believe) are pretty affordable. And try not to get too discouraged about your budget! I know it can be stressful, I'm also trying to plan a big wedding on a really tight budget. If you ever want to trade tips or advice, just let me know! Good luck with planning! Katie
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh, Snow Mountain Ranch has a really pretty ceremony site!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Evergreen Lake House is beautiful.  I was the wedding coordinator for my friend's wedding a couple weeks ago.   I'm not positive on the pirce but they were a budget wedding and you definitely get the rustic feel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kelly- I see you got married in City Park, I've been considering this. Is there any way you can shoot me over some details, pricing, etc? Greatly appreciated. Email lane.tasha@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boettcher Mansion is 2100 for 6 hrs on a Sunday.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Meadows at Marshdale in Evergreen. The Red Barn is beautiful and the cost is around $2000 for 6 hours on Saturday (even less expensive on Friday). I was at a wedding at their new venue this past June, the Grandview Terrace. The people who run it are very nice and helpful. We loved being in the mountains, yet so close to Denver.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Meadow Creek Bed and Breakfast in Pine next year. It holds up to 120 people and is very reasonably priced. You have to reserve the B&B for the weekend, but for us it ended up being cheaper than some of the minimums at other facilities. They allow you to bring in your own caterer (though they have a preferred list) and you purchase alcohol through them. It's a beautiful outdoor ceremony location with a 2000 sq ft indoor reception hall on site.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.bertolinbanr.com, but it is in Longmont- definitely within our budget. GL!
  • Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are also doing a vintage/rustic theme and are getting married at the lodge at cathedral pines in colorado springs.  it is less than $1000, and the coordinator lori is fabulous.  also, it is completely open so you can bring in any and all vendors you want without restrictions or minimums. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooops.  that obviously was supposed to be www.bertolinbarn.com
  • Options
    paigef11paigef11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Tuscan Ballroom in DU's HRTM building. It was designed after some famous winery in Italy (of course I have no idea which one), and has an adorable wine room attached and a great stair case. We were quoted just under $4,500, but that includes food, staff, and cocktail hr. Another bonus is that technically you get the venue for 6 hrs, but they only book one event per day so there's no reason to rush anyone out the door. I'm appreciating this even more after last weekend. My friends had a gorgeous wedding, but apparently the venue rents out 2 separate spaces in the same building. Some of our friends walked into the wrong side of the building for the rehearsal and ended up in someone else's wedding! (Thankfully it was actually started yet, so it could have been worse!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Miramonte Lodge, or Event Center at Church Ranch.  These are both very reasonable.   Oh and we loved the Bella Sera Event Center (it's in Brighton).  It is more Romantic/Italian style rustic ;) Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's right at your budget, but I am getting married at the Grant-Humphreys mansion.  Its a big old mansion, right in Denver (we wanted a place where people could stay downtown and still be close to the venue.)  We're doing both ceremony and reception there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married last month at the Miramonte Lodge in Broomfield. It was awesome they did a great job and we got the entire package for $5,000. Food, Photo, Video, etc... they have other venues too. Check out 303weddings.com. Good luck :))
  • Options
    bhladky1bhladky1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mc C Ranch in Masonville (near loveland) is only $1500. Includes wedding site, reception site, 300 chairs, round and rectangle tables, and 3 days to decorate! Its a private ranch and the guy is really nice!
  • Options
    kvanscoykkvanscoyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH's wedding and mine was at the School of HTRM at DU.  It was lovely and quite affordable- room rental was $1500 and with food, cocktail hour and the place for the entire day we were under $8000.  The only thing I would suggest, if your budget allows, is a day of planner.  There seemed to be a communication disconnect with the staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards