Colorado-Denver
Options

Dealing with difficult people

I'm 8 days out and maybe it's because of increasing anxiety, but a lot of people/things are getting on my nerves.  I'm tending to have very strong emotional reactions lately.There are a few people on my sh!t list right now, and I don't want to blow up/react/get in to an argument with them just before or at the wedding.Any tips on keeping my cool? 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dealing with difficult people

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    breathing exercises, self-care (pampering yourself) and having a date night with your FI :)  Good luck & hope you can keep your cool :)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ignore them, because in the end, it's not even worth the battle. I always said, "you can only control what you can do, not what other people do." Don't let it get you upset!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exercise always helps me to chill out. Perhaps a run, walk, etc. to settle down and get things back in perspective. Stress is hard to deal with especially when all the attention is on you, but if you let it get to you, you will not have as much fun.
  • Options
    canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, going for a walk, run, or hike works like a charm. And, if I want to shell out $, I take a yoga class at my favorite yoga studio. With that said, now that we're all rounding 3rd, time is a rare, rare luxury!!! So, I can tell you that I relate. Guests calling me to say, "am I going to actually have to rent a car?", multiple emails DAILY asking logistical questions by my FMIL and FSIL, my dad grilling me about bizarre things such as the lighting at the RD and how he does not like my menu choices because 'crab may not be fresh in colorado' and 'pork needs to be cooked well-done, so I am not sure why you picked that'. Huh??? Then, my mom wants here hair and makeup done one day, just hair the next, and so on and so forth. Some of these strange questions make NO SENSE! I tend to give myself affirmations, "there is nothing i can't handle", etc. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booze!! :) just kidding, well sort of...what has been going on? I usually need to talk to a friend about it, to get it off my chest. Let me know if you have any time this week and i can take you out for a glass of wine and we can chat about it if you want! :) Hang in there Fran...the honeymoon starts in a week! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a problem person to deal with months before the wedding (SIL) and it got to the point where I was borderline losing it.  As much as I wanted to rip her head off and go postal, I knew it would've made things much worse.  I really had to take a step back and really just not care anymore.  I kept my communication with her to a bare minimum and while I did worry a little about what might happen, it was substantially less than before.  As cliche as it sounds, you really can't control what other people do and you don't want it to ruin your day.  It may be in your best interest to just tell these people that you're really busy with the wedding, you have a lot on your mind and you'll just have to talk to them at/after the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try to fit in a massage! And then if the people are still bothering you, write and email to get it all out, but don't send it. I've done that a few times and after I read the emails after I have written it, I realize it isn't worth stressing about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards