Colorado-Denver

Flowers

Hello all,I am getting ready to start my search for flowers and florist and I just wanted to know if anybody knew of any really great florist in the front range area of Colorado?If so, what were there prices like?Thanks!

Re: Flowers

• sevenmotionssevenmotions member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Plum Sage for my wedding. The wedding has not happened yet, but so far the planning stage has been a breeze with them. They are very friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. I am spending a little less than $600 - but I am also not using very many flowers for my centerpieces.http://www.plumsageflowers.com/
  • canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Plum Sage. Erin is extremely talented. I am doing just bouquets, bouts, corsages, flowers for the flower girls, and a toss bouquet and it will all be under $700. She'll help you stay under-budget. More expensive flowers include calla's, roses, and lily of the valley. What time of year are you getting married, because that can also affect your floral costs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used My Daughters wedding. She works from home so she is really affordable and does great work. I have pics in my bio of her stuff. http://www.mydaughtersweddingflowers.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Dawn with Hillside Consultants is amazing, and very affordable. I spent around $750 for bouquets, bouts, coursages, and 16 table/pew arrangements.
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto dawn with hillside consultants - we are getting everything for under $500, including peonies, orchids, and other not cheap flowers!  she's a great person and has great ideas, and will work within your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I know this may seem odd, but my girlfriend used King Soopers and they were gorgeous.  She had 24 centerpieces, 8 attendants, corsages, bouts, etc.  Pretty much everything and got it all for $1100.  They were gorgeous, just an idea.  I am going to check them out just to see.
  • VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also jumping on board to recommend Dawn with Hillside Consultants.  She's fantastic and her prices were the lowest AND I'm actually getting more flowers for my money.  My wedding is this weekend so stay tuned for pix.I also met with Erin at Plum Sage and I really liked her, too.  Her prices were just a bit higher.  Her work is gorgeous.You can't go wrong with either!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren with Its Quintessential! She did an amazing job and was a joy to work with. She was also the best price i found, quite a bit lower then Dawn. 303-929-2434
  • edited December 2011
    I liked Plum Sage's work, but got better prices for a similar aesthetic from Boulder Blooms (Boulder) and Moon Doggie Gardens (Evergreen). Moon Doggie Gardens is the one I chose. I'm getting 10 centerpieces, ceremony decor, 3 BM bouquets, a bridal bouquet, 3 bouts, and 3 corsages for $500.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    I will also recommend Dawn with Hillside Consultants. She is super responsive and does great work. She has really listened to what we want and has been willing to work within our budget. We are getting my bouqet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 2 corsages, I think 10 bout's, and petals for the flower girls for under $500. And she'll deliver to anywhere in the metro area for $50. Good luck!!
    Photobucket
  • kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked with Denise at Capelli Floral...I'm so excited about her!  I think her prices were incredibly reasonable and she's very open with communication and incredibly responsive to phone calls, emails, etc.  Also, she quoted the prices during our interview.  She does beautiful work adn has been featured in bridal publications, is the president of the Floral Association of the Rockies, and if you're looking for something a little different (we are incorporation a lot of tree branches and such instead of just traditional flowers), then she's one of the few I visited who is so so open to that!www.capellifloral.com
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    If you're willing to do the flowers yourself, like I did, you can save $$ and still have things look very nice. I spent $298 on my bouquet and the BM bouquets: peony roses for me and dahlias for the BM; $40 on all the boutennieres: awesome looking dried orchids; $50 on centerpieces: cylinder vases with lemons, silk flowers & red mini cattails. I really wanted peonies but they were not in season and I wasn't willing/couldn't pay what most florists were asking. Peony roses look pretty identical to them and were much cheaper. I got raves on them all day. I decided to go the DIY route as I got married in Vail and it was A)too expensive for Vail florists and B)delivery charges from Denver and even nearby Breckenridge were ridiculous. I was told by a Breck florist I had to order a minimum of $5,000 in order to have them delivered to Vail!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Lauren w/ Its Quintessential.  Kari's flowers were GORGEOUS and if we hadn't already booked w/ a local florist in WP for our wedding last month I would have hired Lauren in a heartbeat!!!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Plum Sage Flowers! Erin is amazing, and will stay within your budget. I am having all of my personal flowers done for $350...I am spending around $600 on centerpieces, but I chose to upgrade our budget  for that.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Dawn with Hillside Consultants!She is amaaaaazing!PIB
  • edited December 2011
    New Nestie here....We used Oakes Fields (www.oakesfields.com)...they worked with our (small) budget and we loved our flowers, and they are in Denver!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards