Colorado-Denver
Options

Ipod reception

Hello Ladies, I know some of you are using your ipod as a dj- Im thinking of doing this just because I might have used up a lot of my budget on other things:) I am a little nervous about it though - for those of you that did it how was it- regrets? Does any one have a playlist they might be able to share? Thank you for the help! Clare

Re: Ipod reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did this and my primary advice is to TRIAL RUN!!! Make sure you have all the cables, internet access, outlets, etc that you need and that everything works. If you give me your email address I can email you my list. The knot has some good starting points as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you look a ways down, there is a post about this with with some responses you would find helpful. Here's the link to the post:http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=59We did this as well. There is more info in my bio under "wedding re-cap" I agree with alora, definitely do a trial run, or at least double check that you venue has everythign you need to set up. We were all set to go with equipment, but forgot to check to see if the venue had wireless internet so we could access our music. We used an online music subscription called rhapsody, it's $13 and you get unlimited music on a downloadable software program similar to itunes. Luckily, one of our friends has an iphone and we were able to hook it up to our PA system. After that, it was smooth sailing. We had a lot of fun going through the playlist I made. I don't regret it at all. I am so glad we got to choose all our own music rather than listening to something a DJ would have picked.Also, here's a link to one of my favorite blogs regarding doing an ipod wedding:http://www.apracticalwedding.com/2009/09/djing-your-wedding-with-ipod.htmlGL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! Alora- clare.lenox@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the iTunes route through my laptop and there were no snags at all. We didn't have $$ in our budget for a DJ and I was confident we could make it work. Trial runs are key! My brother was the "dj" and had him come with us to the final walk-thru so he would know: how many extension cords to bring, where the outlets were, where he could set up, etc. To make it easier for him so he wouldn't have to be running around and starting/stopping songs, I made very specific playlists that sometimes only contained 1 song; like for the processional and the recessional. I know some people think that doing the music yourself is too risky but for us it wasn't and it worked. It took more effort for me to put programs together than it did getting the music all situated!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did an ipod reception as well & it went well, but I completely agree with pp about trial run & having someone be in charge of the ipod.  Our venue had everything we needed, we just brought our ipod & my brother was in charge of the music.  We did a separate playlist for dinner music & then a dancing playlist.  I'd be happy to share our playlist  as well.  Email me at psychdocintraining at yahoo :)  Like pp said, I really liked that we got to choose all of our music & didn't have to worry about having a DJ play music we didn't want to hear or being a cheeseball (I HATE DJs) LOL
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards