Colorado-Denver
Options

Officiant at reception

Hi Ladies, So I've been reading that it is common to invite the officiant to the reception - is that true? I wasn't planning on it, but I guess I don't know. We have hired Rev. Michael Woods - should we invite him and his wife? Do you send them an invitation or is it assumed that they are invited? Sorry, this is just a foreign idea to me....thanks for your advice! Melissa
Photobucket

Re: Officiant at reception

• Options
    kelcon3kelcon3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posed this same question during my planning and received overwhelming responses of yes.  Yes, you should invite them and yes, he and his wife should receive an invitation.  Our officiant didn't even respond, let alone come.
  • Options
    asilsjfasilsjf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, you should extend an invite, though I wouldn't expect him to come.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our officiant and his wife attended our reception, and he also attended the RD the night before.  You should invite them out of courtesy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Interesting - thank you! So, if anyone else reads this....do you send them the same invitation that you send everyone else - since I won't have a "reception only" invite? I'm assuming yes, but let me know if you did something different. TIA!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, send them the same invitation.  If you're not getting married in a church, they may need the address, directions, and a reminder of the start time.  Also, if he's bringing his wife and she's traveling separately, they'll need the same info.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards