Colorado-Denver
Options

Last minute venue help - venue is closing

We're about 5 weeks away from the wedding and just found out that our venue is closing and they're canceling our reception. Doh!

I'm looking for suggestions for options in the Denver area that will let us use our own caterer (we've given them a 50% non-refundable deposit). We're open to unusal or non-traditional options like parks, galleries, nightclubs, music venues etc, particularly since almost everything else seems to be booked or only allow in-house catering.

If anyone has suggestions I'd be grateful - we're just scrambling to nail something down soon so that we can proceed with the rest of our planning.

Thanks in advance for ideas and help!

Re: Last minute venue help - venue is closing

• Options
    jesmarz80jesmarz80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue, Lionsgate Center in Lafayette, allows you to bring your own caterers.
    http://www.lionsgatecenter.com/

Good luck, that sucks! I can't believe they can do that to you with such short notice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about the last minute headaches!  Lionsgate is indeed a great venue, but I'm not sure they'll have availability on such short notice.

You may want to try some art galleries on the Santa Fe art walk like Space Gallery or Artwork Network. If you're open to a more urban/industrial space, try Lucid or Orange Cat Studios.

For music venues, the Meadowlark could work since they have a large patio area in the back.

Park spaces are probably too booked up at this point, but you can always check to see if there is room at Washington or City Park, especially at their boathouses.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out!
  • Options
    kdsddskdsdds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh.  That's rough!  Not sure how many people you have attending, but check out the art galleries.  Space Gallery, Walker Fine Art Gallery, Redline Gallery and Artwork Network all allowed your own catering.  

Good luck!
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Artwork Network, and Ken, the coordinator there, is great. He gives their "prefered caterers" list, and his number one choice is VERY reasonable! Call Ken, tell him Jodi sent you :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Boettcher Mansion, they allow your own caterer. Same goes for Chief Hosa Lodge and all of the other Denver Parks locations. They have a few nice spaces.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/boettcher/

http://www.denvergov.org/parksandrecreation/Home/FacilityRentalsPermits/tabid/434136/Default.aspx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the weather is nice! you might look into renting a park space!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with jezmars80, we're going to do Lionsgate Center also.  They're very nice, super helpful and will help with every step.  Check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards