Colorado-Denver

Looking for an inexpensive cake for my wedding!

I am looking for Bakerys in the Denver area that arent very expensive. Neith my fiance or I really like cake too much so spending  a ton on a cake just seems silly.

We are expecting between 150 - 175 guests.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Re: Looking for an inexpensive cake for my wedding!

• edited December 2011
    We are using The bagel Bakery in Thornton. I believe it's $3.00 a slice but i am not 100% sure on that.

never hurts to ask.. http://thebagelbakery.net/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could check with Walmart, Costco too.  Maybe some of the grocery stores, but I found their prices to be a little high.
  • edited December 2011
    Dude, just get a costco cake, they are dirt cheap, tasty and look fine! We got one for our E-party, it was great.

We are going with Mermaid Bakery, they are pretty cheap. Das Meyer isn't too bad although they nickel and dime you over the extras.
  • NicoleR0306NicoleR0306 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours through my FMIL friends who does cake if you want I can give you the info. She is doing our cakes (pictures below) both for 480 which includes 150 for the wedding cake and about 50 for the grooms cake, set up (they decorate the table too) and delivery to golden. They work in the littleton area.

May 2011 Siggy Feb Challange: Let them eat cake :)

Its a girl!! Cameron Rae born 1/8/13 @ 501am Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

My parents bought a 4-tier cake stand. Each tier holds a 12" cake. Sams will kinda custom make the cakes for $12.99/each.  Soooo.. we are going to order 4 different kinds of cake and call it good.  We're gonna buy a sheet cake on the side in case there isn't enough (I think the sheet cakes run about $15, $16'ish at Sams) and I'm going to put our cake topper on that and call it the grooms cake. Haha.. Our cake topper is a funny one, though... it's the bride dragging the groom.. there's a Broncos helmet behind him, a football in front of him, a Broncos ticket in his hand and a Broncos jersey under her arm. LOL!

I didn't want to spend a lot on a traditional wedding cake so this is perfect for us! :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards