Colorado-Denver
Options

Problems with Simplicity Cakes?

Hello everyone!  I was hoping those of you who have worked with or have been in contact with Simplicity Cakes (Greg and Kischa Trujillo) could get in touch with me.  I’d like to hear the good stories, but I am more interested in those people, like myself, who have been burned by this so called “company”.  From the sounds of it, there are quite a few couple’s out there that have been taken advantage of by this pair.  I am interested in finding out if they returned your deposit if you cancelled?  I am also interested in finding out if you did not get your deposit back, what did you do?   I have emailed and called Kischa multiple times, looking for our returned deposit.  We have not gotten a returned email or phone call since 5/19, which is the date I cancelled and she said she would return the deposit.  We have done everything in our powers, short of going to the residence.  The contract that was signed clearly stated that either party could cancel the contract and the deposit would be returned so long as the cancellation was more than 2 weeks prior to the wedding, we cancelled about 12 weeks prior to the wedding.  You ideas and thoughts are greatly appreciated.  We had hoped to get our $100 back so that we could put it towards the new cake, but we are now an extra $100 in the hole thanks to this person since we're 53 days from the wedding and need a cake lined up and can't wait for Kischa to return our money!  Yell

Thank you everyone!

PS- if you need a cake, contact Val with The Totally Baked Chef, LLC.  Her flavors are to die for, her creativity is amazing, her customer service is unmatched, and her prices can’t be beat!!!!  She’s like TLC’s “Cake Boss”!!!

Re: Problems with Simplicity Cakes?

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with a vendor who obviously doesn't treat her customers well.

I can recommend my "cake lady" without any reservations.  She did an amazing job on our wedding & groom's cake!  Paula Thomas of Teacup Shop Bakery!  She uses all organic ingredients & tries to use local products as much as possible. 
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the going with VAL, I'm working with her to, ( i think i gave you the rec???) Anyways Im glad to hear that you are having a good time with Val. We too loved her when we met with her and can not wait to see our cake..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that.. Really sad people are like that..

I am using The Bagel Bakery in Thornton. Michelle and her Team are great and answer all you questions up front or when you email or call (with in 24 hours)..

also check them out!

http://www.thebagelbakery.net/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard so many people who are in your same situation!  I actually scheduled a tasting with them but she cancelled twice and the second time she told me she forgot about an appointment she had with another bride!  I sent them a nice email saying we were going in another direction and they replied with a pretty nasty email about how all they were trying to do was provide cheap cakes for brides blah, blah, blah

GL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards