July 2012 Weddings

New(ish)

I've been on the boards occasionally for a couple months so I'm not sure how I missed these wedding month boards! Anyway, FI and I were engaged in February of this year and are planning a simple DIY wedding for July 15. We are doing lots of non-traditional things and so far enjoying the planning. I think the only thing that has been any level of stressful so far is coordinating the rehearsal dinner. We cannot get into the ceremony location the night before, and FFIL (who is hosting) suggested the weekend before. It appears that no matter when we do it, someone will not be able to make it. I certainly would never require anyone to attend, but I don't want hurt feelings if we go ahead with a date that may not be convenient for one or two. Anyone else run into something like this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New(ish)

• Welcome to the board!

Our rehearsal dinner is the night before but one of FI's GM lives in Europe and isn't arriving until 8PM that night (seriously?!) so he's not coming and he doesn't mind. From previous experience, I think your friends will probably care less about missing it than your family will. I hope that answers your question?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! I agree with what Meagan said. I doubt anyone will be offended - you need to do what works for the most people involved. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome to the boards.  We aren't doing a rehearsal.  That makes me very nervous in itself.  Our judge (officiant) isn't arriving in the islands until the day of the wedding.  So, no rehearsal it is.  We are having a non rehearsal dinner the night prior to thank all of the people who are helping us set up the reception tent/decorations ect.  Happy Planning
  • Welcome! Wow, good for you for planning the wedding so quickly! I feel stressed, and my engagement is over 18 months - I couldn't imagine five! You must be really organised if the RD is your only stress. I'm sure it'll work out though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome Date Twin! 

We're doing a non-rehearsal dinner the night before. I also can't get into the venue the night before but we wanted to do a dinner. I think a lot of people won't be there yet but oh well. Its not an essential thing.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! We are doing a rehersal the night before.  The church wanted earlier in the week but none of our attendants could make it them.  It's not essential, so if a couple people miss it, that's okay.

Anniversary
  • klwpazklwpaz member
    First Comment
    Thanks everyone! I probably wouldn't worry about it except we have a couple of younger kids in our wedding party who REALLY don't like surprises and we feel it's pretty important for them to see the space and feel comfortable. I think we'll go ahead with the weekend before since that seems to work best for most people. Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards