Colorado-Denver
Options

scams after bridal shows?

Has this happened to anyone else? Advice?

I went to the Rocky Mountain Bridal show this past Sunday. I really liked getting to meet the different photographers and meeting reps from different venues. What I'm not a fan of now is that I'm getting calls from different companies (American Prestige and Celebrity China to be exact) saying I've won something and need to come pick it up. I've done some googling and found out they try and sucker you into paying rediculous amounts of money for crappy cookware in a presentation. Has anyone done any of this? I haven't returned any of their calls yet. Any advice on how to avoid this at future bridal shows?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: scams after bridal shows?

• Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They call everyone that gives the their information when you sign up for drawing. Just answer the phone next time they call and say you are not interested. That's what I did and they stopped calling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dont' answer the phone and dont' go!

these things are HUGE scams!!!!! that's one of the reasons i don't go to bridal shows and or give out my cell. i send then to my parents fax :-P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went Sunday too, but so far only Men's Warehouse called me. I didn't give info to either company you mentioned, though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, their all pretty much scams. I would just either not answer the phone, or tell them that you aren't interested.

We kept getting calls like that too, but they all said we'd have to come down and "meet" all the other couples that won at a hotel or something. That should have been my first clue.

And they told me that I had to bring FH (who did not go to any bridal shows and had just moved out of state). I said I could bring my MOH (I was still being optimistic and thought "hey, this could be fun!"), but once they found out FH and I couldn't both come together, they were all "well, sorry then, you can't claim your prize"...honestly, probably worked out for the best though. I hate gimmicks like that.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem a little over a year ago at a Bridal show and it just so happened that it was the exact same companies that you mentioned. I did some googling and found out that it was kind of a high pressure situation and I just told both of them that I wasn't interested in going. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem with those exact companies you mentioned... and they DID NOT stop calling me until I flat out told them I wasn't interested. I was seriously getting on average 10 phone calls a day from those people at one point. My advice for future shows: set up an e-mail account that is specifically for wedding stuff. Print out address labels with your name, address and e-mail before the show. That way you can just slap one of the stickers on the entry forms and sign ups saving you lots of time at the show...and they don't have your phone number. I went to the same show and none of the vendors hounded me for my phone number.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards