Colorado-Denver
Options

Married with a Vendor Review

Dresses – David’s Bridal – A+

My dress and the BM dresses were all purchased at David’s Bridal.  They were all PERFECT.  My MOH didn’t like the length of her dress, but that was something she could have had altered.  The people at David’s were VERY friendly as well!

Alterations – Alterations by Mina – A++

Mina did an AMAZING job altering my dress.  It fit PERFECTLY and hovered just above my toes.  I loved the way it looked and felt.  I will have Mina alter any of my clothing from now on!!!

Venue – Christies of Genesee: A

The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing ( people are still talking about it), and everything flowed really well.  Christie’s provided the food, seating, DJ, ceremony, etc.  There were a few small hiccups, but nothing that would ruin the day.  We made our own centerpieces, instead of using the one’s provided by the venue.  We were told that we would jut need to bring them in and the venue would set them up, my BM’s and myself set them up, one of my BM’s did the majority of the work before the venue stepped in (she had to inform them that we were under the impression that they would do the setup and that she was in the wedding and needed to go get ready).  Our first dance song was instrumental Wonderful Tonight that was going to be sung by one of the GM.  They started the song before we could get him the mic, so they had to restart the song…again, nothing that would ruin the day.  Over all, I was pleased with the venue but would have been much happier if they followed through with a few of the things that made the place so appealing.    

Florist - Plum Sage – A++

Our flowers were AMAZING!!  We had a small budget and Plum Sage worked with us and our ideas.  I couldn’t have imagined our flowers being so beautiful!!!  We had vibrant blue Hydrangea, with bright colorful “pops” of orange Roses, yellow Heliopsis, and Red Crocosmia.  I wish I had a picture to show right now, they were so beautiful.  I( could not have asked for more!!!

Cake – Totally Baked Chef, LLC – A+++

WOW.  Val did an amazing job making our cake and it was to die for!!!  We had about 80 people at the wedding, the cake was for 100 and there was hardly anything left!!!!  Val made our cake look like a mountain and it was complete with wildlife and a river.  Val also made us a custom cake topper, it was a caricature type topper of my husband and I, and she also included fishing poles and our beloved dogs!!!  I was so very pleased with the cake.  We had originally tried to go through Simplicity Cakes, which was a total joke.  I am so thrilled that we had trouble with Simplicity Cakes; otherwise we would have never met Val!  I must suggest her Blackberry Brandy, Pistachio, and Red Velvet cake flavors…so delicious!!!

Photographer – Chad Fahnestock Photography – A-

We have not seen our photos yet, so I may have to repost my review for Chad.  I know he does amazing work and his prices used to be dirt cheap.  I think I contacted Chad just as he was getting his wedding photography going (he is mainly known for concert photography – which he is spectacular at) as he only charged me $625 for 5 hours of wedding photography w/ a disc of all negatives and 75 edited photos, and a 2 hr. engagement session w/ a disc of all negatives and 25 edited photos.  He is now charging twice that amount.  Chad does good work, but it seemed as though he didn’t know where to tell us to stand or what type of photos to take.  I had sent him a list about a week or two prior to the wedding, indicating the photos we wanted. We kept having to tell him, “ok…we want to do these photos now, or this one or that.”  It was a bit disappointing that he did not point us in the right direction for the pictures.  We should have the photos in 4-5 weeks, so I’ll have to do another review then.  For all I know, we may be disappointed right now but the photos may be breathtaking!

Officiate – Judge Bronfin – A+++

I met Judge Bronfin through my cousin who works for the Denver courts.  Our original officiate cancelled 2 weeks (to the day) before our wedding and we were left scrambling for someone new.  Thank God for my cousin (one of my BM’s).  She works with the Judge and asked if he would be willing to do the wedding.  He agreed to the ceremony and did a WONDERFUL job.  He was so nice, courteous, and professional.  It was an AWESOME ceremony!

Re: Married with a Vendor Review

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards