Colorado-Denver

chair covers?

Hellooooo!!  Does anyone know of a place that would set up the chair covers?  Due to my schedule, I can't do it myself and my venue won't do it!
Thanks and happy planning!!!
Kelli
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: chair covers?

• brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you renting them or are they included in the venue?  If you are renting, I think the rental company should set them up.  I acutally am having a friend of a friend be my day of coordinator to do all those "little things" that I don't have time for and don't want my mom doing.  Chair covers would be on her list of to-dos if we were having them :)  HTH and good luck!
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Our Venue is putting them on the chairs for us.

I think who ever you are renting them from should put them on there. I could contact them to see what their poilcies are for that and then maybe assign someone not in the wedding to do them..like  close friend that you didn't ask to be in the wedding party..
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I found a lady that will set up and tear down for me. They are costing a lot more than I wanted to spend but I just hate asking my friends/ family to have to do this.  How much did your friend charge you to set everything up?

Thanks!!
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was that directed towards me?  If so, my friend is not charging me anything.  She was not originally invited to the wedding (like I said before, she is a friend of a friend), and when I asked if she would be my Day of Coordinator, she was SO excited!  She was telling our mutual friend how much she wanted to come to the wedding, but didn't want to be rude as ask me directly.  So basically, she is doing this as a favor.  But now she will be able to be at the wedding and I will also get her a thank you gift.  Honestly, you would be surprised at how much people want to help, maybe you should ask someone to do the chair covers.  The worst thing they could say is no, and then you already have a back-up plan. 
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Yes, it was directed to you-brew311!!

I just asked another teacher ( I am a teacher) to help out and she said yes.  I just feel weird asking because it is so much work- but I need to get over it.  :0)

What are you getting your helper for a gift?
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See, it's amazing what happens when you just ask :)  I had a hard time too and I actually agonized over asking this girl.  But it turned out well.  I also found out from our mutual friend that she is so excited, she's already planned her own to-do list to compare w/ my to-do list.  Talk about OCD-but that's why I asked her :)

I haven't decided on a gift yet, but definitely some sort of gift card.  She is married w/ a toddler, so I was thinking a kid-friendly restaurant.  Or something just for her like a spa card.  Day of coordinators are pretty pricey, so I was thinking like $100-$200 gift-wise.  But she's doing a lot more than just chair covers too :)
    Photobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards