Colorado-Denver

Venders that don't take credit card

Has anyone run into venders that do not have the ability to take credit cards? I feel uneasy about sending a check as there is no way to get the money back if a vender does not come through with their part of the obligation, (with a credit card you can do a charge back).. Anyway there are two venders that I really like but they do not take credit cards. 
Has anyone paid their venders with a check? and was the outcome good? Would you do it again? why or why not? Thank you for sharing. <3
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venders that don't take credit card

• edited December 2011
    I did a trial run with a makeup artist that only took checks but I paid just after the service.  What kind of venders are you talking about?  Do they have a contract? If you need any help with venders, let me know.  I have been really happy with all of mine!

I don't blame you for not wanting to jump in.  Sadly you just can't trust everyone fully!
    GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid a couple of our vendors with checks but only because I knew they were trustworthy (multiple positive reviews from other knotties & talking to the references that the vendor provided).  It is scary though, I'll admit that I did wonder what I'd do if they screwed me over...but luckily everything went according to plan & we loved all of our vendors (except hair & makeup)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • kzagurskikzagurski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer doesn't take CC, and I sent him a deposit check. I'll only give him the rest after it's complete. Our other big expense is the caterer, who takes cc.
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you might ask if they have a paypal account.  you can pay by credit card and it can be deposited into their bank account.
  • latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, our videographer does not take credit card, the deposit is 300... I found him on craigslist and that is why i am a little worried about sending him a check. He has an awesome website but I have not heard anything about the business on the knot or anywhere else... I will check around more. 

Thank you so much for sharing you experiences with me! I really appreciate it.
    <3
    Linda
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check on the BBB.org website!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    You could also ask him for a list of references. If he is a legit business person he will be able to provide you with past clients who can give you their input.
  • edited December 2011
    My florist dosent take CC because she is charged by the CC companies for every transaction. She says its not a big fee but she wants to save brides money.

I found her on craigslist too, but i made her give me refrances. The brides I talked too said she saved them a ton of money.

Your smart to ask the question
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards