Colorado-Denver
Options

Looking for Denver restaurant for small wedding reception

My fiance and I want to keep our wedding reception simple and easy (and inexpensive) so were planning on having the ceremony at a park this summer and then the reception at a restaurant in downtown Denver -- one that's within easy walking distance to hotels as all guests are OOT.  I'm fairly new to Denver, though, and am not familiar with the resturants.  Any recommendations?  Looking for a space that would fit around 40 guests.  Thank you!!

Re: Looking for Denver restaurant for small wedding reception

• Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check out this link for some ideas:

http://tinyurl.com/yhmbtse

Most of these are within walking distance of downtown.

It depends on what kind of "feel" you're going for - I could make some more specific suggestions based on the above list if you have an idea of kind of food/restaurant style/etc.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A new restaurant called Rack & Rye just opened on 15th, between Market & Larimer and was very affordable and quite good.  It's an eclectic menu and the space is very open and a little "industrial" (exposed brick on parts of the walls, ahnging lamps, etc).  We went to a birthday party there and had 30 people and they were great about it and the menu prices were incredibly affordable, so maybe they'd be willing to work to create a condensed menu?? 

I'm sure there's tons of places, but since they are new I thought you might be able to score a great deal.  GL!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    susiemjsusiemj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions!! 

VAtoCO -- As far as style or type of restaurant goes, really just looking for something semi-casual and fun.  I'm open as far as the type of food that is served, just as long as it's tasty! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for casual and not too expensive Maggianos is a family style italian place on the 16th Street Mall and I think they have a private room - I think we might do our Rehearsal Dinner here which has about the same amount of people as your reception

http://www.maggianos.com
  • Options
    VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to various kinds of food (and your guests are, too), you could consider:

Zengo - if I were in your shoes, this would be my top choice.  It's a little bit outside of downtown, too far to walk IMO, but close enough that a cab ride would be pretty inexpensive from downtown.  (I would have had my RD here but my FIL is a very picky eater and this food would not have gone over well!)

Tamayo or Samba Room - both are in Larimer Square, which is my favorite area of town, and which would also make for some nice wedding photographs, especially at night.  Both are really yummy and fun/festive type restaurants.

Rock Bottom Brewery - we had our RD here and loved it.  The private room would probably be a little tight for 40 people, but you might check it out if your numbers decrease at all.  We had a really great experience - the staff was excellent and our guests enjoyed themselves as it was more low-key and relaxed.

PP made a good suggestion of Maggiano's, too. 

You might also check Denver Chop House - I went to a RD there in a private room and it was really nice.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    susiemjsusiemj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!  Being new to the area, this really helps me out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards