Colorado-Denver
Options

the university club???

Hi girls!
Im thinking on having my ceremony/reception at the University club in Denver.
I have not really seen the place (just in pictures) .
Have you guys have attended a wedding/event there??? can u tell me your opinions about the place??? thank u very much.

Re: the university club???

• Options
    mab1999mab1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to go there monthly for meetings.  I think it would be a beautiful space for a wedding!  The food was always great, the service good and I really like the building.  The only issue I recall is that if you go upstairs the stairs can be a challenge (but I'm sure that can be worked around).
  • Options
    kdsddskdsdds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there in January.  So far, we have been very pleased.  We had our tasting last week and it was all excellent!

I do have a wedding coordinator, but their site coordinator, Molly, has been great to work with.  There is no site fee, but you do have to use their food and beverage (with the exception of wedding cake).

Let me know if you have more questions!

• Options
    kdsddskdsdds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 more thing.  If you have your wedding there, I think it's only a $500 fee to turn the room (compared to $1500+ for the area downtown churches)
  • Options
    paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great! thanks for the info !!!! I have arranged a site tour with Molly on the 25th... we'll see !!!!
    kdsdds : thanks, i will def let u know if i have more questions!! :)
  • Options
    picabokelpicabokel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my sister is getting married here in April. It looks great and she has had nothing but great experiences with the weeding coordinator...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking at the same venue and spoke with a photographer who had his wedding there....The only challenge is PHOTOS. He said its very dark (because of all the beautiful wood) and sometimes the photographer is limited in what he can caputure with lighting restrictions. Something to think about and also when interviewing your photographer!
  • Options
    paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! good luck and best wishes to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards