July 2012 Weddings
Options

PSA - super sale (on dresses!)

(I edited the title of the post so you might cilck on the link!)

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pass this along since a bunch of you are looking for dresses:  http://www.calypsostbarth.com/DRESSES-orderby_0-p--1-c-584.html 

Dresses up to 70% off. (A co-worker sent to me; I normally don't shop here.) I bought one of the dresses for the morning-after brunch!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PSA - super sale (on dresses!)

• Options
    o.m.g. i have never shopped here in my life but the lace sheath dress is to die for. and i love the pompom one!

which one did you buy?!?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I ended up buying the Demeter Silk Dress. I'm worried it's going to be too long, but I like the elastic waist and I think I can use a belt to cinch it up if necessary. With some of the others, I don't think tailoring could happen so I decided on that one.

The Lace Sheath is TO DIE FOR. I just don't trust it wouldn't fall below my knees :(

BUY IT! TELL ME HOW IT IS! :) I'm a bad influence.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow these dresses are gorgeous! I've already purchased 4 dresses this week though... ugh! I might have to give in though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ahhh, I wish I didn't click on that link! I already have dresses for all the WR events, but now I want some of these! Maybe I can justify one for the HM....??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that most of these dresses are too long :( The one that I like is 35.5 inches long which would be below my knee. Bummer because I really like it!
    Photobucket
  • Options

I hope they aren't too long because I'm soooo short!

And Bmore, yes. Buy one for HM! They are so cheap and really good quality! I was astonished.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-super-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7b07e5c1-98d2-4199-8ab9-cb5c2cd799e3Post:c73f86f7-81f4-490d-9879-4e44c56ad2d5">Re: PSA - super sale (on dresses!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope they aren't too long because I'm soooo short! And Bmore, yes. Buy one for HM! They are so cheap and really good quality! I was astonished.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I am too - just under 5'3". I measured some of my other dresses last night and none of them are longer than 30" and most of their dresses are at least 35". I measured and that would fall below my knee in the awkward longer than just above the knee but shorter than tealength general area on my leg. Not good.
    Photobucket
  • Options

Looks like I'll be finding a tailor . . . hahaha. I hope the XS is slightly shorter?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really want to try some of these on! I have an awkward body shape so it is hard to find dresses that fit (extremely wide rib cage problems!)

It would totally be worth it for you guys to have these dresses shortened, they are SO CUTE! it is unreal how cheap some of them are!
  • Options
    Ahhh I know but I'm scared to order something that I have no hope of returning! I guess I have until Sunday when the sale ends to mull it over haha.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards