Colorado-Denver

Affordable Photographers?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an affordable photographer in the Denver, Colorado area? Our budget for a photographer is $1,000 at the most.

Thank you!
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Affordable Photographers?

• It may be hard to find one that affordable, usually 1500 is the norm for cheap which is what we're spending. Try thumbtack.com. You post what you are looking for and what your budget is and you get tons of vendors that reach out to you and build around your budget :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:874df4d9-645c-45d4-bacc-24e1a9496975Post:888b192f-0aba-4170-8ba4-0eb51b256d9e">Affordable Photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an affordable photographer in the Denver, Colorado area? Our budget for a photographer is $1,000 at the most. Thank you!
    Posted by Lilyrose4242[/QUOTE]

Hey Lily--looking for vendors is fun, huh?
    You might know from the NEY board that I am a doctor, not a photographer, but I do have a professional camera and have taken some very pretty outdoor portraits for friends and family.  My photographer is costing more than that but I would be happy to serve as an additional photog for you for free if that would help.  Good luck with your search.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:874df4d9-645c-45d4-bacc-24e1a9496975Post:f85e5914-8ec2-447c-9dbc-9c2f43c10cb9">Re: Affordable Photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Affordable Photographers? : Hey Lily--<strong>looking for vendors is fun, huh? </strong>You might know from the NEY board that I am a doctor, not a photographer, but I do have a professional camera and have taken some very pretty outdoor portraits for friends and family.  My photographer is costing more than that but I would be happy to serve as an additional photog for you for free if that would help.  Good luck with your search.
    Posted by Lyrical126[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm sensing some sarcasm. -sigh- All I seem to see is huge price tags that won't fit into our budget. I've got another photographer friend seeing if see can make it to CO for the wedding but we might need your photography as well. Thank you! :)
  • Hey Lyrical, do you have any of the photos you've done on hand? PM me?
  • AllDigital Photography and Video does a budget package for $595.  The downside that it's only an hour of coverage.  But if you just wanted the ceremony to be done by them and your friend to cover the rest, it's something that might work for you:D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello, I offer Wedding photography packages starting at just $300 if you want to see my work it is MomentsByNicolette.com Feel free to email me!
  • You might want to try to go to one of the bridal shows. Yes they have tons of expensive photographers, but sometimes they have new up and coming ones. They charge less because they are still building their portfolios. Might be worth checking out.
  • A friend of mine has a photography company in arvada - they offer packages starting at $750 I think for all day coverage. I think there has been talk of them on here, they're great! - Frames In Motion --> Here's their site framesinmotion.net
  • Carrie is an awesome photographer and very well priced. We are using her for our wedding in July. The engagement pics came out amaze

http://carrieswailsphotography.com/
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • bluebear1588bluebear1588 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Were using LF photo and video. they have an 8 hour package that runs for 1050 and includes both photography and video, an engagement session, a print package, and they give you all the pictures on a dvd with a print release. I know they have other packages without the video too but don't know the price off the top of head. here is the link to their Facebook page www.facebook.com/LFPhotoDenver Our engagement photos are their too under the album named Gabby in case you want to get am idea of their work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:874df4d9-645c-45d4-bacc-24e1a9496975Post:923a2342-9991-4f48-a46f-4fc637056b56">Re: Affordable Photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ama local photographer who just relocated to CO I always try to work around budgets and can do it for 800. The last thing you want to do is let a friend do it or someone who doesnt have the quality equipement for the job. You need a Professional who will make your wedding memorable. Remeber that the photos are the lasting memories! If anyone is intersted please PM me!
    Posted by chessiehollibaugh[/QUOTE]

People like this annoy me! You have NO IDEA what an "amateur" is capable of. I work as a commercial model for three different agencies and have seen many "professional" photographers come out with piece of crap photos. I've also seen many new and beginning photographers turn out wonderful and awe inspiring photos. Sure anyone can spend a bunch of money on equipment but not everyone has an eye for photography let alone a passion for it. Also, I've seen none of your work, don't know you, and you can't spell.

In response to my original post, I've worked out a deal with two of my photographer friends for under $1000. I've worked with them each before (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS) and know their styles (also important).

Thank you all (except the person quoted) for your wonderful responses!
  • Unfortunately the photographer we used for our wedding in November cost more than $1500, but he was definitely worth it. We had 9 hours of coverage, including a second photographer, free engagement session, all rights to photos-----costing about $2500.
  • Try Katie Lee Photography! Thier packages start at $450!
     <a href="http://www.katielee-photography.moonfruit.com" rel="nofollow">www.katielee-photography.moonfruit.com</a> or
     www,facebook.com/katielee.photographer

Hope that helps!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:874df4d9-645c-45d4-bacc-24e1a9496975Post:888b192f-0aba-4170-8ba4-0eb51b256d9e">Affordable Photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an affordable photographer in the Denver, Colorado area? Our budget for a photographer is $1,000 at the most. Thank you!
  • Did you check Craigslist? Most emerging or new-to-market photographers post low rates there. 
  • Did you check Craigslist? Most emerging or new-to-market photographers post low rates there. 
  • If you want to trade ideas/resources about photographers with other brides, I'm having a get together for my friends and other Denver brides in a couple weeks.  Here are the details:

We started as a small group of five women meeting every few weeks to talk about everything from décor and logistics to the decision of whether or not to change our names.  The best part of this group is that it’s a great place to vent our frustrations, as well as share our ideas and pool resources over brunch or dinner.

The next meeting will be 8:30pm Saturday March 23rd at Ace Eat Serve off 17th & Pennsylvania.   Ace Eat Serve features delicious Asian fuision dishes, affordable drinks, bumpin’ music, and ping pong tables.

Please RSVP via email if you plan to join us so I can reserve space.   So we know you’re with our group, please wear white and a crazy accessory such as a feather boa, lace stockings, fairy wings, a mask, tutu… you get the picture.   Let’s pack this place with Brides Gone Wild!!!

• I'm on a budget too and saw a posting on Craigslist for a photographer who relocated to Denver recently who is offering discounted rates.  I just sent them an email, so hopefully it will be within my range. That may be a good place to start... 

<a href="http://denver.craigslist.org/evs/3676726338.html" rel="nofollow">http://denver.craigslist.org/evs/3676726338.html</a>

Other than that, I think Thumbtack is a good option too.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:874df4d9-645c-45d4-bacc-24e1a9496975Post:888b192f-0aba-4170-8ba4-0eb51b256d9e">Affordable Photographers?</a>:
  • My photographer was right around that price, and she was AMAZING! Her name is Amanda Pflepsen. Check out her website at http://amandapflepsen.com/.

Throughout the entire process, Amanda was so professional, calm, creative, and wonderful. She knew just what she was doing and easily posed us to get the best light and angles. She was also really accommodating with our slightly "offbeat" wedding. And when I got the pictures back, I was just amazed. They had such a classy and timeless feel to them, and really showed the best sides of my hubby and I. I can't say enough nice things about her. You should definitely check her out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards