Colorado-Denver
Options

Cheap venue Ideas??

My fiance and I are planning a June 2012 wedding.  We had a place up in Greeley, but it looks like my mother told them the wrong date. Now our date maybe booked up and we don't know of anywhere to go. We're looking for cheap wedding venue places, any ideas? Our wedding it 100 to 150 people, we're hoping to keep the costs as low as possible, we'd rather spend it on our honeymoon, but still want a great time for our family and friends. Any ideas would be great thanks.

Re: Cheap venue Ideas??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    most parks are free or very inexpensive

how cheap do you want to go?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that YMCA of the Rockies & Snow Mountain Ranch (YMCA near Winter Park) are both relatively cheap
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The venue we picked was under 2000 and that didn't include alot but it also had some freedom to it. We could cater it ourselves or have someone else do it. For 2000 it included table, chairs, linens, dancefloor, ceremony site, bartender fee, a secruity guard (cause we are planning on serving alcohol). The mountains are kind of out unless the price is awesome, fiance is allergic to pine trees.

• Options
    stephanieslmastephanieslma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies--by far the cheapest of anything we looked at, and the nicest!  It would have come to about $300 less to do it at a state park, and then we would have had to do everything ourselves--catering, chair rental, dance floor rental, etc.  The outdoor Sara Smith Chapel where we are getting married is so beautiful, and since we are having a brunch reception, the price is even more reasonable.  I would say definitely check it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks so much for the idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Denver Parks and Rec, and really ANY Parks and Rec has some great venues at amazing prices. And during the summer season some of their venues are beautiful. I think the worst I've come across price wise is 100/hour which isn't bad at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards