Colorado-Denver

DIY Invitations? Really need help!

Hey ladies,

Have any of you done your own invitations? I am thinking of putting mine together myself because it would be a "fun" project for both of us to do.

Any recommendations?

I am planning on putting together pockets.
- R&G - July 2, 2011

Re: DIY Invitations? Really need help!

• edited December 2011
    You can get some pre made pockets at Archivers  and find tones of matching paper there too..

http://www.archiversonline.com/pages/shapes-and-sizes

they use to hold a Bridal class for free to help you with invites and stuff not sure if they still do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own invitations.  Archivers has lots of supplies as does Donahue Paper Emporium (off of Yosemite south of Arapahoe).  I got all of my invitation pockets, envelopes, etc @ Donahue Paper Emporium and LOVED them!  I've got pictures in my bio if you care to look at my DIY invitations.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Chelbell - the invitations look great!

I'll have to get started on this FUN project ;)
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  Archivers has been great.  I was going between the one in HR and Aurora.  There is a lady at the Aurora store that has been really helpful.  I haven't done any scrapbooking or anything but wanted to do our invites and STD's.  She was so helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• ckcallahckcallah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also get things from cardsandpockets.com 

The quality is great and they have a bunch of fun ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also doing my own invitations with one of my bridesmaids. We got most of our stuff at Hobby Lobby and through the company Stamping Up. Archivers had great stuff but was almost three times more than Hobby Lobby, especially when HL had their 50% off sales.
  • jsad17jsad17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our own save-the-dates and invitations and got all of our supplies at Xpedx, including heavier cardstock, RSVP envelopes, invitation envelopes,  pocketfolds and gift bags/boxes.  They are very helpful and were quick to order anything that was not currently in stock that we needed.  Also, they have a sale section that may just have something perfect for your wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards