Colorado-Denver

1/2 Marathon Training....

Hi Fellow Colorado Girls!

SO I know this might be a 'getting in shape' type post but I thought I would ask other women who live in Colorado and understand altitude, weather ect. associated with Colorado/Denver.

That being said I came up with the brilliant idea to sign up for our first half marathon in May.  I told my fiance thinking he would laugh and not be all that into it but Oh man was I wrong!!  He got on the internet and signed right up saying it would be a really fun way to work toward a goal as a team! Sweet and amazing of him I know but now I am wondering where to start...  So have any of you done a training plan for a marathon and what kind of advice might some of you have for us?  We have until May 15th...tons of time I know...Thanks for any advice you may have!! Foot in mouth
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 1/2 Marathon Training....

• HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it!  I did my first half marathon in April in Nashville at the Country Music Marathon.  It's tons of fun.  I didn't train all that well and I finished, so if I can do it....anyone can!

This is the training plan that I tried to follow and know alot of people that have had success with it:

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I trained for a half, I just googled couch to 1/2 marathon and compared training plans.  Some were really aggressive in my opinion (running 4 miles during week 2) and some were great w/ baby steps.  I guess what I'm saying, is it depends what kind of runner you are now vs. how you want to run the race.  If you're a beginner and just want to finish, you're training plan will be different than if you run regularly and want to complete the race in a decent time.

Either way, good luck!  We (my coworkers and I) tried to do it last year and they all punked out on me, so I gave up too.  Just keep at it!!!
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• wilberta2006wilberta2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have completed 4 half marathons using the Teams in Training information that I received while raising money for them in 2007.  Please feel free to contact me at wilberta2006 at yahoo dot com if you would like the spreadsheet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards