Colorado-Denver

Officiant?

Anyone have a good officiant they'd like to recommend?

Re: Officiant?

• JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read the post before this one. It has my recap and suggestions. But in short, Lisa Bair.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we're not getting married for another couple months, BUT so far our officiant has been Awesome!   It's a woman, who is also pregnant! Hahaha!!  She is due in August I think.  But anyway, her website:  http://www.mindfulmarriageconsultants.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone can marry you in the state of CO.  You can find/make your own ceremony script and have a friend marry you?  This can be a lot cheaper, and more personable.  This is for a more non-religious outdoor wedding.  Completely depends on what you want though:) Just a thought.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_officiant-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b06f503d-4e32-46f5-b4c3-11209dbc9288Post:73bde880-fa57-42cf-a9ed-a933c082e457">Re: Officiant?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Anyone can marry you in the state of CO.</strong>  You can find/make your own ceremony script and have a friend marry you?  This can be a lot cheaper, and more personable.  This is for a more non-religious outdoor wedding.  Completely depends on what you want though:) Just a thought.  
    Posted by Thaut[/QUOTE]
    This is not true.  A marriage in Colorado can be solemnized by clergy, a judge or magistrate (including retired judge), a public official whose duties include solemnization of marriage, or the couple themselves.
  • Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm.. I think I'd like to hire someone just to keep it simple on my family who has already helped me a ton with everything.
  • ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is actually true!  The ceremony is a tradition that is for your guest and you of course.  When the bride and groom sign their marriage certificate, they are marrying themselves.  I am 100% positive.  It might not be for everyone though.   
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_officiant-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:b06f503d-4e32-46f5-b4c3-11209dbc9288Post:c9bf0b69-1525-4248-94a9-7b36e9f3c25e">Re: Officiant?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is actually true!  The ceremony is a tradition that is for your guest and you of course.  <strong>When the bride and groom sign their marriage certificate, they are marrying themselves.</strong>  I am 100% positive.  It might not be for everyone though.   
    Posted by Thaut[/QUOTE]
    Right, which means they are solemnizing their own marriage.  OP is looking for someone else to officiate.  It is absolutely not true that "anyone can marry you in CO" as you told her.  At best, your post was nonresponsive to her question; at worst, it was plain wrong.  Sorry if I sound harsh, just don't know how to say it any less direct.

OP, our wedding isn't until September so can't really recommend based on actual experience, but so far we like the officiant we selected through <a href="http://www.lyssabeths.com/" target="_blank">Lyssabeth's (clicky</a>).  Good luck!
  • ThautThaut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Right, which means they are solemnizing their own marriage

EXACTLY!!!!  So ANYONE can be the officiant at YOUR wedding in the state of CO! ANYONE can run the ceremony for you. There is no need to be rude.  I am so tired of brides like you that give their opinion in the bitchiest way.  This is supposed to be a happy experience for people.  She asked if anyone recommended someone, not I don't want anyone I know doing it, nor I want to pay someone.  I was giving her an idea and she was very nice and said she would like to have someone else do it, so my idea would not work for HER.  Simple as that! 

• edited December 2011
    You didn't recommend an officiant, which is what she asked for in her post.  I didn't want her to go on her merry wedding-planning way thinking "Anyone can marry you in the state of CO," which is EXACTLY what you told her.  Then you found the need to mince words with me, totally hijacking OPs thread.

Sigh. Whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards