Colorado-Denver
Options

Caterer Tip

Hello-
I was looking on the etiquette board and trying to find this out, but couldn't find the answer.  How much do you tip the caterer?  I have looked at the contract and there is a service charge, but this does not include gratuities.  The toal bill is $6500, but $1000 of that is rentals, do I tip on the food and staffing total of $5500, the total of $6500 or the total of just the food?  Does $1000 seem right for the gratuity?  Do I give some to each wait person or just give the total to our coordinator and she will hand it out?  Thanks for the help!

Re: Caterer Tip

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's not included in your bill, then it's up to your discretion.  The standard is 20% and I believe you pay on only food and alcohol because your service charge goes towards labor and admin costs.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Really check your bill though to make sure grat or sometime it is called service fee is not already added to it. Most cators already add it to their bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards