Colorado-Denver
Options

Tipping some of the board's fave. vendors

I know other ladies on here have hired Danielle as their DOC and Dawn as their florist.  Danielle and I talked about tipping in general and she said that it is not necessary to tip her or Dawn because they own their own businesses.  That being said, they're great!  So, did you tip either of them?  If so, how much (if you don't mind sharing)?  Our wedding is in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to get these things squared away.  TIA!

Re: Tipping some of the board's fave. vendors

• Options
    COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Dawn as our florist and she was phenomenal! I didn't tip her because as far as I understand, if the vendor owns their own business you do not need to tip.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use either of these vendors but I used other vendors who owned their own businesses and I did not tip them (even though they did an excellent job).  Instead, I wrote thoughtful thank you notes & have referred several friends & other brides to them.  Referrals are a great "thank you" :)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to the game...interesting topic though.  I've never heard you shouldn't tip a vendor that owns there own business.  Does that mean I shouldn't tip my caterer, photographer, florist, cake lady? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards