New Jersey
Options

True Love Bridal-Long

I just need some feedback as to whether or not this sounds normal.  I ordered my gown from True Love and BM dresses in March.  They told me my gown would take 6-8 months and BM dresses 4.  I called in August when we hadn't heard anything about BM dresses and they said they would be in in October (as well as my dress).  October is just about over and now True Love says by the end of November maybe even December for all the dresses...I guess they are all in the same box or something?!?!  BTW-Bm dresses are Alyse and gown is Maggie.  What do you girls think?  Should I be worried?

Re: True Love Bridal-Long

• Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds a little weird.  I ordered my Maggie gown in March too and it came in at the beginning of the month.  Different store of course, but I would think the timing would be similar for a Maggie gown.  I dont think your dress would be packaged with the Alyse dresses, as they are coming from a different designer.  I would call back and ask why the change in timing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married a week or so before you.  I ordered my dress and Mom's dress and was told my dress would be in in Dec and Mom's Nov.  I ordered in June?  Since you have soo much time left I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll be more than fine if dresses are in end of Dec.  But I understand it would be upsetting to expect dress and then have to wait :( What did Gayle say about why they were delayed? 
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should have added, I dont think you have to be worried now because you still have time.  But I am a huge worrier and would be worried that the timing could possible change again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well since your wedding isn't for another 5 (? give or take) months, I wouldn't sweat it. You honestly have plenty of time for alterations and all that. It is possible the store held your order. If you want a clearer picture of when the order was actually placed, call up the manufacturer, and see if it matches up with what the store told you. Ask them specifically if they held the order, and the date it was placed. Ask the manufacturer the date the order was received. You ordered nearly a year in advance, correct? I wouldn't doubt for a second the order was held, because that place is teeny tiny (I have been there) and there's only so much room for the dresses to be kept in "storage".
  • Options
    TaraisabrideTaraisabride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my story about True Love Bridal ... I ordered my BM dresses in February, and was told they would be in by May. May came & went, and nothing. When I called *POOF* they just happened to have come in that day. I went to pick them all up for my girls, and the dresses were the wrong color! Luckily, I had ordered them in time to re-order them, and they came in at the end of Aug (for an early Oct wedding). I had ordered my dress in Dec '08 and was told it would be in around June. I waited & waited, and when I called at the end of July *POOF* it had just arrived that same day. Moral of the story, that woman needs a computer and some organizational skills. Nothing came in when she said it would, and I have a feeling they receive shipments and they just sit there until you call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thing, my dress took a while to get it as well as all my BM's dresses, but hey were in in more than enough time.  I freaked about it as well but all is perfect. BTW this is all at True Love as well.
  • Options
    grace_anngrace_ann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh no - i ordered my dress (maggie) and girls dresses there as well - I will have to know to call and keep on top of the situation
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't go too crazy girls, my dress came in in August, all my girls didn't come in till September.  I wouldn't call a millino times when you are till so far out.
  • Options
    mrscoriotobemrscoriotobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from true Love as well but did not have any problems.. my bm dresses came in earlier than what I was told they were going to and my dress came in maybe a week after Gail said (also maggie) I ordered my gown back in April and it arrived the first week of Oct.... It sounds like everyone has different experiences
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards